Born Again Rider

welcome.gif

"All my friends and coworkers ride H-D(I'm a union rep at a GM plant) and I believe in buying American but have always felt H-D's are the "John Deer" of motorcycles and don't think I could ever own one. I also feel Harley has gouged the heck out of the consumer and is the epitome of American corporate greed. Was hoping the new Buell would strike my fancy but, man, that bike is ugly!"

Well, first off, congrats on your new ride. Great choice!

As for H-D being the "John Deere" of motorcycles, go easy there. If you ever have the chance to check out the build quality, you'd be impressed. They use fantastic quality wiring harnesses, as well as other components. You will notice a lot of solid engineering and forethought when you compare apples to apples.

Henry Ford said that there's a butt for every seat, and that's true for sure. H-D has it's place, and it isn't out plowing the back forty. I never thought I'd ride a Suzuki, and here I am. It just goes to show that you never know what the future holds. I whole-heartedly agree about the gouging of the public, and the corporate greed. H-D needs to reassess their future, something they should have done a LONG time ago. Buell has come a long way, and yeah, they aren't exactly easy on the eyes.

Sorry about the rant, I still love Harleys.

super.gif

Back