"Bolt in" fuel pump, which one?

Jacobs

OEM Parts/Accessory guy
Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone point me in the right direction for which fuel pump to replace the stock one with? I know the Gen II stock fuel system will support plenty of power, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and toss in an upgraded pump.

Any pump you go to, you will need to add a regulator to it.

Any pump you go to, you will need to add a regulator to it.

See, I guess I'm glad I posted this because I wasn't sure on that. Would an aftermarket pump be needed on Gen II bike making roughly 200-210 on motor and then spraying around a 70 shot on a dry kit?

Any thing aftermarket will need a regulator, but the benefits are a plus on the other hand.
With being able to up the pressure, you can re tune, and some fuel tables can be lowered, with higher pressure.
See, I guess I'm glad I posted this because I wasn't sure on that. Would an aftermarket pump be needed on Gen II bike making roughly 200-210 on motor and then spraying around a 70 shot on a dry kit?

The walbro 255 pump will bolt in were the stock pump is located. You should also tune with the ECU editor to run 50/50 in the injectors and possibly going with bigger injectors on the secondaries. This all can be done without adding an aftermarket regulator.

What is the Psi output?
The walbro 255 pump will bolt in were the stock pump is located. You should also tune with the ECU editor to run 50/50 in the injectors and possibly going with bigger injectors on the secondaries. This all can be done without adding an aftermarket regulator.

I thought there was a bolt in replacement from Walbro. Using ECU editor makes sense so you can even out the injector use. I'm running Bazzaz now but yanked that off in plans to switch to a PC-5. I also planned on running your dry spray bar but hadn't ruled out a wet set-up because that's what I always used on my cars. Do you know the part number for the Walbro pump?

throw the bazzaz in the garbage and use ecu edito. 380 or so hp worth of fuel with the stock fuel system, bosch pump in place of the stock intank pump, and ecu editor. I had a 1441 with 13.5 comp cp pistons, carpenter 425/425 cams, competition cnc ported head, brocks ti winder, etc.. and ran a 80hp shot. all with what is listed above. nitrous control, and fuel control all through stock ecu with ecu editor. ran 11.7 a/f ratio on U4.4
Before I put the 425 cams in and had the head ported I sprayed a 100hp shot. it had 395/378 cams in it before.
I have done 4 local gen 2 busas with gen one valves, 65lb valve springs and 60-80hp shot with the intank bosch pump and ecu editor.

I thought I had read that the stock system would support over 300HP

The injectors will. Not with a power commander or bazzaz though. stock ecu switches between what set it is using. so it is like you only have one set of injectors worth of fuel. use ecu editor and you can actually use and max out both sets of injectors. stock injectors are 24lb.
The pump will only support about 210hp reliably. It might do 230hp fine for one pull on the dyno, but hold it pined for a couple gears and the a/f (pump) may lean out.

the walbro pump is taller, takes more modification to make work, and is noisier. It has a fairly loud whine to it. Bosch pump is barely louder then stock pump. If you didn't know it had a different pump and weren't really listening hard you wouldn't tell the difference. I haven't seen or heard of a walbro failing on a motorcycle, but car people say they fail way more then the bosch pumps.

the walbro pump is taller, takes more modification to make work, and is noisier. It has a fairly loud whine to it. Bosch pump is barely louder then stock pump. If you didn't know it had a different pump and weren't really listening hard you wouldn't tell the difference. I haven't seen or heard of a walbro failing on a motorcycle, but car people say they fail way more then the bosch pumps.

I got your PM's and I appreciate the info on that stuff. I'll let you know what I decide once I get to the fuel system. I did talk to Frank at Powerhouse and got the Bosch p/n for the pump

Back