Bmw s1000rr. Wow!

Chip@KWS

Registered
This is a bone stock BMW S1000R with pump gas in it from the gas station down the street....I put 34miles on it before we pulled the trigger.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

This is the same curve vs. a bone stock 2009 GSX-R1000....just for relevance:

This is the most power we have ever seen out of a stock bike on our dyno.....ever.....here is the BMW vs. a bone stock 2009 Hayabusa:

wow those small engines need alot of revs :thumbsup: Nice power curve from an OE bike. Now if only the price could come down a bit on them.

BMW put a 9000RPM restriction for the first 600 miles into the ECU, they had a recall on bikes sold. Looks like yours missed it?

Nice numbers but the price difference you could still come out on top with a GSXR. Though I doubt Ill see many of these in my area.:laugh:

I’m getting anxious to see Japan's answer to this bike, I think the bike is a bargain with that much power, traction control and abs.

BMW put a 9000RPM restriction for the first 600 miles into the ECU, they had a recall on bikes sold. Looks like yours missed it?

Ours was de-restricted and we voided our warranty as it will immediately come apart.

Nice numbers but the price difference you could still come out on top with a GSXR. Though I doubt Ill see many of these in my area.:laugh:

Its only a $1000 more than a GSXR1000

I’m getting anxious to see Japan's answer to this bike, I think the bike is a bargain with that much power, traction control and abs.

Ditto.

One dude rolled up in one at our weekly bike night. Thing is AMAZING.

p981074446-4.jpg

I've heard good things about them and my brother just bought one so we'll see... :laugh:

I still like the comfort and torque of the BUSA though... :thumbsup:

Numbers are great but its made for the racetrack. Lets see how it does this year and judge it based on those numbers.

Nice. But... All the advantages are above 9k when compared against 1k, and above 'Busa's red line when compared to the 'Busa. Amazing none-the-less. I wonder if 'Busa's redline is extended to 14k (after proper mods) what the chart would look like.

It's also almost obvious that they worked hard to have the power up top... at the expense of less power at low and mid range. It is especially visible when compared to a 'Busa. So, it might be a great track bike, but pretty underpowered for the street compared to a 'Busa and a bit underpowered for the street compared to 1k.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about them and my brother just bought one so we'll see... :laugh:

I still like the comfort and torque of the BUSA though... :thumbsup:

I wouldn't give up my busa for anything, but Got-Busa, compared to my Buell 1125R, the busa has NO torque. Wish I was closer to you, I would let you ride that thing. It will rip your arms out of socket.

Looks like some serious horsepower to me, and quite a weight advantage over the porky Busa. But these are two different bikes for two different purposes. If we wanted a bike like that, most of us would already have GSXR1000's!

Nice. But... All the advantages are above 9k when compared against 1k, and above 'Busa's red line when compared to the 'Busa. Amazing none-the-less. I wonder if 'Busa's redline is extended to 14k (after proper mods) what the chart would look like.

You would be able to tell if the busa could/would keep up if you could get a look at the flow bench number of the cylinder heads for both bikes and compare. Anyone have this available?

Last edited:

It's also almost obvious that they worked hard to have the power up top... at the expense of less power at low and mid range. It is especially visible when compared to a 'Busa. So, it might be a great track bike, but pretty underpowered for the street compared to a 'Busa and a bit underpowered for the street compared to 1k.

And there is the issue....you could never turn a Busa motor to 14K....the internals are too heavy....but the Busa makes up the difference with displacement.

RPM allows for more gear and thus more torque multiplication.....

And there is the issue....you could never turn a Busa motor to 14K....the internals are too heavy....but the Busa makes up the difference with displacement.

RPM allows for more gear and thus more torque multiplication.....

By never do you mean the motor would not survive long or never as in impossible or not cost effective?

By never do you mean the motor would not survive long or never as in impossible or not cost effective?

Never as in you could do it once....and only once.

I guess it is possible to build a Busa motor that would turn 14K for a reasonable amount of time, but it would require so much modifiction that would it be a $30K motor....and that is on the cheap side..

I wouldn't give up my busa for anything, but Got-Busa, compared to my Buell 1125R, the busa has NO torque. Wish I was closer to you, I would let you ride that thing. It will rip your arms out of socket.

It only feels that way because of the shorter gearing... ;)

Back