Blue Ridge Parkway side road

dk55belair

Registered
Those of you that ride the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville might have noticed the Pisgah Inn and Market. Well down the road is highway 151, which is a locally well known road to ride. We usually take this road to parkway.

Yesterday, the wife decided to count the curves and counted 81 in less than 4 miles.

The road is North of the Pisgah Inn about 3 miles. You can continue on 151 and find food and gas as well as good access back to I-40 or 19/23 if you want.

Just tossing this out incase someone is riding the parkway and looking for a scary, narrow, curvy, backroad to burn up.

We have several members that live really close to there.

DSC03356.jpg

DSC03357.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

You should post this in the touring section. There is a road thread in there! :cheerleader:

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I am up that way often, but usually down toward Highlands.

All kinds of good roads to ride, just ask a local. I have a good friend and riding buddy who knows all the best roads in the mountains. He leads all day rides and we never have seen a cop in the three years I've rode with him. The best roads are the ones nobody knows about:thumbsup: 215 is not too far from there, it was paved last year.

Thanks, will try it next time I am up that way. I thought the wind tore that sign down, was by there not long ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

sucks about the sign been in that lot many times. Is the crooked road the one leads down the motorcycle campground

All kinds of good roads to ride, just ask a local. I have a good friend and riding buddy who knows all the best roads in the mountains. He leads all day rides and we never have seen a cop in the three years I've rode with him. The best roads are the ones nobody knows about:thumbsup: 215 is not too far from there, it was paved last year.

Ive ridden it twice this year so far! amazingly smooth, a little bit of gravel but not bad

also once you get to rosman, hop on 178 to sc super awesome, sc side is better pavement:thumbsup:

isn't that the one further up by meadows of dan i thought there was one down south called blueridge motorcycle campground or at least used to be there

I got it in my head now. Thats the turn off north of where the gas station was. I think i found that one in desparate need of gasoline many years ago after the old gas pumps where closed. The blueridge tends to blend together sometimes

Yeah, we've done 215 quite a few times.

Yell if anyone wants to ride these roads. I am close...real close

Back