Blue K8 Riding Gear

bigc70

Registered
Hey gang. I've had a blue/gold K8 since April '08. This was my 1st motorcycle and I LOVE it. When I bought it I bought some pretty generic gear just to ride around with (gray and black helmet and a black armored jacket). On the off season I want to buy some gear that actually matches my bike. Any ideas? I found a sweet hayabusa jacket (I'll insert pics at the bottom of this post). Unless any of you have found any other nice ones for better deals I'll probably roll with that one. Any other ideas?

busafront.jpg

busabck.jpg

it's goin for $285 plus shipping...but the place is local so i can prolly pick it up and avoid shipping charges

285????, that's a bargain man, I wouldn't be able to get that one down here for less than 600!!!

But shipping is a pain in the lower back when it comes to cross the border!

I'd say go for it!
:thumbsup:

why does everyone feel the need to match all their gear to the color of their bike??

all black leather jacket and gloves will be timeless and will match any bike you ever ride... then go with a different lid color IMO to set off your bike color and so you don't look like a power ranger with all your matching gear on your power ranger cycle :poke:

Last edited:
why does everyone feel the need to match all their gear to the color of their bike??

all black leather jacket and gloves will be timeless and will match any bike you ever ride... then go with a different lid color IMO to set off your bike color and so you don't look like a power ranger with all your matching gear on your power ranger cycle :poke:

???
Good point tho'!

IF EVERYONE DID WOULDN'T THAT INCLUDE YOU ? :poke:

What you need in looking at colors is Contrast. One color (Gear and Bike) has that Power Ranger look.

I purchased a set of Red Leathers (with white and black and gold etc)

Now the Gear colors off-set the Blue bike and the Blue Busa stands out much better.

redsuit400.jpg

Palomar_400.jpg

That sounds like what the Harley riders have programmed in their heads they say when bashing sport bikes. Kinda of like the left wing liberals spouting off what ever the current biased catch phrase is that they have no idea what they are talking about. No offense to you though.:whistle:

Besides, Power Rangers are cool!

kmachines.jpg

We can stereotype Harleys in that fashion too..But we won't, its all for the love of the ride!

chaps-motorcycle-harley-745986.jpg

Last edited:
I like the contrasting look. I may go qwith red/white when I get full leathers. I am in all black now. I got a textile Joe Rocket Busa jacket & armored pants made of rip-stop nylon and kevlar.

Back