Black Label Chain Lube is........

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Dupont went off and changed the best chain lube on the planet...must be like "new" Coke = classic FAIL.

I just went out in the garage and sure enough, the last can i bought is the new stuff. Went to 2 different lowes tonight hoping to find the old stuff, but noooo luck.

Anybody got any ideas where it might be found?

Well, we're running o-ring chains and a good cleaning, I use WD-40 to clean, it's basically kerosene. Kerosene is the recommended cleaner for the chain and most just use a good chain wax to coat the chain afterwards. I use Maxim gold can, and I want to try the DuPont Spray.

That's what I use. Maxim is good stuff. 8 years, 20K+ miles and my chain and sprockets are still in good shape.
Typically hit it every 500 miles or longer if on long road trips. After every ride and during trips? Yeah right....:rofl:

Bought a case. Only 4 left :(

DUPONT.jpg

i have been useing the squeeze bottle of the chain saver wax formula (yellow bottle) and i do not like it. it does not sling much...but i feel like i cant coat it enough and the chain sounds "dry" after maybe 200 miles. then i have to relube or clean completely with kerosene.. and i dont see where it keeps the dirt out.

Dupont went off and changed the best chain lube on the planet...must be like "new" Coke = classic FAIL.

I just went out in the garage and sure enough, the last can i bought is the new stuff. Went to 2 different lowes tonight hoping to find the old stuff, but noooo luck.

I'd like to find out, too. Went back to Lowe's this morning to return it hoping they would at least have the yellow can....no luck.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

They changed it in October 2011, that's almost 10 months ago.
So if you happen to find some old stock..........

I looked and I have the newer stuff. I looked on the label and it did say chains, just not motorcycle chains.

I did clean and lube my chain a few weeks ago and rode it a few hundred miles and so far it looks almost as good as the day I cleaned/lubed it.
So that is a good thing, but I will have to get the yellow can next time, I guess.
I don't really think we have a choice - unless they either revert to the old formula (not likely) or we find something better, also not likely. Oh well ......

Who uses the chain saver spray? How is it? I'm curious since the web-bike review didn't sound very promising. I bought the squeeze bottle yesterday and I won't use that anymore. It's a pain in the but to use with that bottle. I haven't ridden the bike yet, so I don't know how long it lasts, but Chris's comments don't seem to positive about it:banghead:

Back