Bizzare

911JSS

Registered
Two Gen2 busas enter a fuel station . One fuels snd the other doesnt . Both switch off while one was fueling . Both failed to start back despite seversl cranks including post colling down

Both push started albeit with relative ease

Came home stopped and started several times as if nothing happened

Has anyone heard of interference any frequencies cause with the ECM ?

Very tempted to go back to the same station and try again but any similar experience / tips anyone ?

Welcome and that is odd.

A similar thing happened with my Ram truck, the remote wouldn't work unless I was right beside the driver's door....I changed the batteries and still the same. I told my neighbor who has a Ram also and his did the same thing the same time and day...he also changed the batteries in his remote.

Both are working 100% now...kind of spooky.

Can someone explain to to me the role the ECM plays in startup? The signal to the starter is not interrupted (thus the cranking) but the fueling (or other) signal is interrupted? So, a specific range of EM frequencies can affect certain aspects of the ECM function? Would it be illegal to build a variable frequency pulse modulator that causes the shut down of bikes faster than mine? Would this represent the end of mapping, as I could simply interfere with certain ECM signals (on the fly) in order to produce a customized remap?

I'm only half serious this request.

Welcome and that is odd.

A similar thing happened with my Ram truck, the remote wouldn't work unless I was right beside the driver's door....I changed the batteries and still the same. I told my neighbor who has a Ram also and his did the same thing the same time and day...he also changed the batteries in his remote.

A particular convenience store in my areas causes the remote to not be seen on Ford trucks. It has happened to me at those stores twice. I mentioned it to my friend, he had the same thing happen and when he called the dealer they asked if if was at one of those stations. Something they emit causes interference. These are keyless trucks I'm talking about.

A particular convenience store in my areas causes the remote to not be seen on Ford trucks. It has happened to me at those stores twice. I mentioned it to my friend, he had the same thing happen and when he called the dealer they asked if if was at one of those stations. Something they emit causes interference. These are keyless trucks I'm talking about.

That's bizarre for sure..

This happened in both my neighbor's and my driveway (100 yrds away from each other).

Two Gen2 busas enter a fuel station . One fuels snd the other doesnt . Both switch off while one was fueling . Both failed to start back despite seversl cranks including post colling down

Both push started albeit with relative ease

Came home stopped and started several times as if nothing happened

Has anyone heard of interference any frequencies cause with the ECM ?

Very tempted to go back to the same station and try again but any similar experience / tips anyone ?
I don't think it would bother the ECU. It would be some sensor the ECU needs to read. Even that seems way out there though. The crank position and cam sensors are the two that are required for starting. The others I'm thinking of would cause the bike to run poorly but not fail to start. There would have to be some pretty strong magnetism to interrupt those sensors and I don't imagine that would occur. The TPS is basically a potentiometer so I don't see RF or magnetism affecting that.

I had an issue like this once. The only thing I had was a sena headset in my helmet. I stalled it in a parking lot and it wouldn’t start. Just hard cranked a couple times and nothin. Then after about 5 min it fired right up, no problems ever again.

Simple solution .. Go back to that gas station , both of you .On the same day of the week , at the same time and repeat the senario. You should do this maby 15 or twenty times to gather data ..
Easy peasy ..
ORRRR , It's possibly heat soak.
I have never heard of heat soak before now, that’s pretty interesting!

Welcome and that is odd.

I knew i wouldnt be the only one finding this bizarre behavior :)

I knew i wouldnt be the only one finding this bizarre behavior :)

I had to be something to cause two normally perfectly working truck remotes to act up on the exact same day. The neighbor and I went through the exact same drills without knowing what each other did (of course he's a serving army guy)-changed remote batteries, disconnected the truck battery to no avail.

Solar flare? Satellite gone astray for a bit? Hard to say...

Gen 1's were notorious for not starting after riding.
I think gen 2s are subject to that as well...I've had mine act up when it's hot too...

Rather embarrassing at the local coffee hole when the beast won't crank over with everyone watching...

I let it sit a few minutes and ride the heckles from the 'gang' then bang, it starts right up...

Gen 1's were notorious for not starting after riding.
Ahaa and since I myself am a HOG and have other Harley friends , this comment that its not starting because it heated up didnt surprise me for some time .
Then better sense prevailed :)

@911JSS perhaps you should ask Shiva for help upon entering this particular fueling station.
eye brow.gif
Couldn't hurt right.
Maybe a small statue of Ganapati should be carried on your Busa somewhere. I know for a fact those Harley "Spirit Bells" don't work.
When all else fails my friend,look to the God's. :bowdown:
Rubb.

Back