Bike stalled, fi light on, won't start again...

First I'd find out from the stabilizer guys if your supposed to drain the tank or not before you start riding it again.[/QUOTE]

Umm....what's the point in stabilzer if you have to drain the gas?
smile.gif

FI codes are stored in the ECM. The manual says "Don't disconnect couplers from ECM, battery cable from battery, ECM ground wire harness from engine or main fuse before confirming malfunction code ... stored in memory. Such disconnection will erase memorized information in ECM memory."

Make sure you check your grey color plug in the tail section: Remove your seat and the bolt that holds the front of the tail section right beneath the riders seat.  That plug is the ignition wire if I am correct. Make sure there is a solid connection there. Let me know if this works.

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142305493 -->

First I'd find out from the stabilizer guys if your supposed to drain the tank or not before you start riding it again.

Umm....what's the point in stabilizer if you have to drain the gas?
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
Mebbe it's supposed to be drained before running the engine?

Dunno...never had to deal with stabilizer. Just an idea, though.
biggrin.gif

First I'd find out from the stabilizer guys if your supposed to drain the tank or not before you start riding it again.

Umm....what's the point in stabilzer if you have to drain the gas?
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
Because you put the stabilizer in then run the bike for abit to circulate it....it protects your carbs/injectors ect from gumming up silly man lol.......not just your tank gas. In fact now that I think about it, I had a buddy that used it for a winter and I believe he had to drain his tank cause he couldn't get his bike running. Stabilizer keeps the gas from breaking down and gumming up fuel system parts...it's not just for keeping gas "fresh" through a winter. Gas can sit for years and run fine.....but the deposits it leaves inside of things from sitting is the prob. I'm just not sure if they reccomend running the tank out with the stabilizer in it or draining it after winter storage. Another way to stop deposits from an engine sitting is to fire it up 1-2 times a month for a few minutes. I've done that with all my bikes for 26+ years and never had a prob. No Stabil needed  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: "wish I could type"|1142311146 -->

OK no news on the problem yet.

But on the good side, I found out my uncle has a motorcycle trailer, so I can ship it back to the dealership who did the last service on her to get it fixed without costing me anything (besides gas money for him). That way if it is something to do with what they did to the bike, it shouldn't cost me anything to get it fixed. (The guys at the dealership, believe it or not, are pretty honest and good to deal with.)

Of course when I pick it up, I'll look under the tank first and make sure everything looks tight.

I'll keep this post updated with findings, and definitely thanks for all the suggestions.

Hmmmm... Gotta ask ya two stupid sounding Q's
1.> Did ya check the <span style='color:red'>BIG RED</span> switch on the right clip on
(Commonly called the <span style='color:red'>KILL</span> switch.)

2.> When ya turn the key, does yer
headlight come on?

Sounds stupid but I've saved serveral people
a trip to see me just by asking those two
Q's

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1373"|1142363632 -->

1.> Did ya check the <span style='color:red'>BIG RED</span> switch on the right clip on

headlight come on?

Q's

pirate.gif
Raider out.
I always wondered what that big red switch was for.
I'm so glad you said that. The bike fires up now..thanks. (Sarcasm off)

Just playing man, sometimes it is the very simple things that people miss. However, and unfortunately, not this time.

The big red kill switch is what you turn on before you hit the ignition. Everytime you turn it on you are supposed to hear the pump turn on. Everytime I turn that switch my pump does not turn on, my FI light comes on, and the dash flashes FI.

And yes, when I turn the key the headlight comes on, the gauges do the full sweep, everything happens. When I push the ignitor, it even gives spark...but doesn't turn over because there is no fuel to spark.

Thanks for the input and I would have praised you if that was my problem and we figured it out, but since that wasn't my problem I will now proceed to harass and demean you....just kidding. All help welcome.

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142379089 -->

headlight come on?

Q's

pirate.gif
Raider out.
I always wondered what that big red switch was for.
I'm so glad you said that. The bike fires up now..thanks. (Sarcasm off)

Just playing man, sometimes it is the very simple things that people miss. However, and unfortunately, not this time.

The big red kill switch is what you turn on before you hit the ignition. Everytime you turn it on you are supposed to hear the pump turn on. Everytime I turn that switch my pump does not turn on, my FI light comes on, and the dash flashes FI.

And yes, when I turn the key the headlight comes on, the gauges do the full sweep, everything happens. When I push the ignitor, it even gives spark...but doesn't turn over because there is no fuel to spark.

Thanks for the input and I would have praised you if that was my problem and we figured it out, but since that wasn't my problem I will now proceed to harass and demean you....just kidding. All help welcome.
You're gonna harass and demean someone.......I like you already
laugh.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>ITS RUNNING!!!!</span>

I received an email today that said this:
"your bike is now running. the kill switch bracket had cracked. we rewelded the bracket and re-attached it to the bike."

I emailed him back asking if he could provide some more details, like what they though it was from and if they rewelded it so that this problem won't happen again.

I'll update when I'm updated.

BTW....I'm super happy that they found out what it was and fixed it rather easily/quickly! Great start to the weekend!

Talked to my shop.

He said the weld broke and it just looked like the factory weld sucked. He asked if I had any "serious vibrations" in the front (IE wheelies...). And truthfully I have never wheelied this bike, I never go over rough road (purposly take a longer way home to take advantage of the better paved road), and never dropped or jarred the front end. So I guess it was just a defect in the factory weld holding the kill switch on.

He said the welded it better than before and it looks stock, so that "fun" is now over.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Keep an eye out for a thread detailing everything that's going on the bike, I promise it will be worth reading!

Back