Bike sputtering and not running right.

texasbusa22

Registered
I have a 2006 Hayabusa Limited and I am having a heck of a time with it. It started a few weeks ago while I was riding, my bike would loose power at 7k rpm's. I replaced the fuel pump and now it is hard to start and runs really rough. I replaced the Battery regulator/rectifier, the battery, the spark plugs, cleaned the injectors, fuel line and it still isn't running right. When I give it gas it wants to die. PLEASE HELP!!!!:banghead:

When you say cleaned the injectors did you do it yourself? I sent mine off to ex engineering and it helped out some. I didn't see that you changed your fuel filter that might help. Do you have any mods done?

Where is the fuel filter? I have K&N air filter and two brothers slip ons. I have the two brothers juice box pro but haven't put it on yet.

To be honest I have no idea. I have a turbo so my setup is different. If you didn't see it in the tank maybe check under the tank. Have you checked your air filter lately?

I would check for kinked or broken fuel or vacuum lines. Have you checked for codes?

The filter is the black plastic unit inside the tank with float attached to it...replacement cost is almost $300..

When you replaced your fuel pump did you replace the entire sender, pump and filter unit? If so, was it new or used. Stock units are in the fuel tank. The symptoms you describe suggest a clogged fuel filter. Fuel pumps rarely go bad but filters can clog easily. As stated above you are looking at around 250 bucks for a new one or there is a mod you can do to use an external filter for around 30 bucks.

Back wash the fuel filter, 75000 miles on mine, backwash once a year, no problems. 300 bucks for a new one, i don t think so.

Backwashing effectiveness depends on what clogged it. I did mine two or three times and got improved performance for about 200 miles and was right back to where I started. Once I replaced it, the improvement was way more than when I backwashed it and it stayed there. Mine was due to some bad gas. Do yourself a favor and replace the filter or do the mod.

Back