"Bike Night" in Florida - Why do people do this?

Slowstang305

Registered
Had a chance to swing by bike night here in South Florida yesterday. No location really wants cars/motorcycles on their property due to liability and most people understand that. Marina84, a local restaurant/hotel is nice enough to host it down here. Most people are polite and courteous but there seems to be always a few who are just immature and have no idea how to handle themselves. A motorcycle club rolled in full of sports bikes and instantly just started revving their engines and doing burnouts on the property. It is beyond me why people think its alright to do so. Why not be respectful? No one wants someone to lose control and slam into their bike etc. I guess this is how the group does all of their events...

I guess it's just a rant but this is what's wrong with society as a whole. Why not use your brain and realize that 1. No one really cares about your 600 spinning tires 2. You don't own the property, be polite. /Rant over.

That's why I avoid bike nights or meet ups because it ends up people trying to show off with burnouts or revving engines. Around here, the sportbike riders, like to do 'street takeovers' blocking all lanes on the beltway and doing stunts. I tend to ride alone now for that reason.

That's the reason people don't want them on their property....these few wreck it for the rest of us...

When I was the president of our base motorcycle club we used to meet at the local coffee shop....a local car tuner club started meeting there as well on the same night...I talked to their president and we both agreed this was a privilege to be able to meet here and we told our members to act accordingly....

We never had a problem until one evening a new guy showed up with his hopped up Civic and decided to give everyone a show...

The guy that owned the coffee shop came and told us we were no longer welcome and if we showed up in a group again, we would get trespass orders against all of us.....one idiot is all it took....

That's why I avoid bike nights or meet ups because it ends up people trying to show off with burnouts or revving engines. Around here, the sportbike riders, like to do 'street takeovers' blocking all lanes on the beltway and doing stunts. I tend to ride alone now for that reason.
The sad thing is the public at large will automatically associate you with them...

I’ve never been to one of those events and have no desire to go to one for that same reason. Too many idiots out there that have no respect or consideration for others. I don’t even do group rides, besides meeting a forum member or something for a ride. People already look at riders As bad guys thanks to the clowns being immature.

I'll always recall one evening after our ride we ended up at a Tim Hortons coffee shop...one of the guys in our group had a Yamaha 1300 done up to look just like a Harley.....only better...

The usual HD crowd who seemed to always be there started crowding around his Yamaha and were asking all sorts of questions about it...once he told them it was a Yamaha, they all shuffled back to themselves....

His Yamaha did look good, it had a big tractor seat with the chrome bar around it, big elk-horn bars and white wall tires and no badging....the owner always made me laugh as he was a big French guy from northern Quebec....pretty much came right out of the back woods and joined the military...

Agreed. Years ago I was at a bike night and some spots cars showed up doing burn outs so I left. A bit later I saw two of the cars drag racing At ridiculous speeds one crashed (watched the guy get ejected and crushed/killed) and the other fled. Long story short I was the witness in the trial and the guy who fled is in jail.

Note-I left out some facts to keep story short.

Been to Marina a few times. Rev bombing and the occasional fly by is all I remember happening… not condoning it but just my experience.
I do show up at Ace Cafe in Orlando once in a while as I’ve got many friends that attend and the atmosphere is totally different there. I mean there is a group that may come in revving a bunch but for the most part it’s pretty civil and most people are acting like they have some sense.
Cars, bikes, trucks and Jeeps… they all have meets and they all have their crazies. Lol.

Back