Bike is now white

I'm about to wrap my bike . I really like the gen 2 tank ! Looks good !!:thumbsup:

awesome finish but how much did they wack you for the vinyl kit? was it brutal to lay on without making creases or ripples? :thumbsup:

He probably did it to match the Gen II motor, otherwise the front would keep outrunning the back and then he'd end up really stretched! :rofl:

Looking good, nabusa. Do you think you could make a post about that vinyl wrap? What you bought and how you did it? It looks great (at least for cellphone pics!). :thumbsup:

The wrap I youtube'd how to vinyl wrap. Then I bought a couple of samples to test out how it is. Without a heat gun you will be there for hours. But with a heat gun on light heat it wraps and bends easy. If you search ebay hexis pearl white vinyl you'll see the company that sells it. Only two companies sells it.

So this is a gen 1 with gen 2 tail, and you modified the gen 2 headlight to fit the gen 1 front? Did the gen 2 tank go on easy or was there some modding you had to do? In my opinion, this is a great looking bike. I have seen tail swaps between the generations, but I have not seen it done the way yours is. I like it. I noticed the gen 2 gauge cluster as well, how easy was that to do. I hate the gen 1 cluster.

I modified the front fairing to fit the gen2 headlight. The Gen2 tank bolts right on with no mods just make sure you use the gen2 tank bracket that bolts behind the tank. And I have the Gen2 cluster because I have a Gen2 motor.

awesome finish but how much did they wack you for the vinyl kit? was it brutal to lay on without making creases or ripples? :thumbsup:

I tried without a heat gun it was aggrovating. But with a heat gun creases ripples and air pockets are easy.

I'm usually at Quaker Steak& Lube on Saturday nights down in Fburg.

Nabusa, what size sheet (sheets) did you buy to wrap the entire bike?

How long did it take you?

Were you able to do it by yourself, or did you need help?

Thanks. I got 5 4ft by 5ft sheets. It is easier if you leave it on the bike while you are doing it. Total it took about 8hours to do. Mostly because I was nervous in the beginning. But after two pieces you get the hand of it. The nose is the hardest to do.

Gotta get you to come up here and help me do my 1982 GS1100e. Do you think it would work on a gas tank?

Back