BIGROD1300 and family need our prayers

seeing how ive never actually met you Rod but just following how helpful you always are on the board I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you brother:thumbsup:

Nothing new, his condition is stable but the same. They are still working to get him to the hospital closer to home.

My prayers are with BigRod and his family, I checked his profile and it says that he is only 38, can this be true to have a stroke of this nature? I am truly saddened that someone so young should be struck with a stroke. Reminds us all that we should live our lives as though each day could be our last.

DM, he is only 38 and in exceptional physical condition

rod343.jpg

Unfortunately he had an irregular heart beat and a hole in his heart that were sending clots around his body.

These clots eventually made it to his brain.

I will continue to bring you news as I know it.

rod1.jpg

rod343.jpg

rod1.jpg

Rod is being moved shortly to a hospital closer to his home. He has suffered a very serious stroke as you know and his recovery will be long. He has other complications so please continue to pray for him and his wife.

Tom.

Good news, Rod has been moved closer to home but not much change in his condition/improvement wise.

He will be starting with speech and occupational therapy... he is still frustrated with not being able to communicate.

Health wise he is stable, minus the speech issue and paralysis on right side, but they feel strongly he will continue making improvement.

Now we are on the long road to recovery.

The Admin team has the new addy.

GD

Thanks for the contentious updates, wishin' him all the strength & patients anyone can possibly get to get thru this!

I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst stroke you can have without dying, Rod's stroke was probably a 9-1/2. He is in for a long, slow recovery with lots of physical therapy. Keep him in your prayers.

P.

I hope you all had a great holiday, we got a text from Rods sister.

She says he is doing better and seems to understand what they are saying to him.

He tries to talk, but still not much improvement with his speech, nor movement in right side but he is slowly improving.

Back