Big Waterslide

Now that is far out~!~ I can't believe they actually calculated a perfect landing...

I wanna try~!~

I'm gonna have to call :bs: on this one sorry. It's like a lot of those commercials right now. You know where crazy things happen ....too perfectly.

I don't think those pools can take that kind of abuse and still stay upright. I had one and the water ran over the side with noone in it. My son had one and his wife got close to the edge, Away she went in the yard on a tidal wave.:laugh:

I'm gonna have to call :bs: on this one sorry. It's like a lot of those commercials right now. You know where crazy things happen ....too perfectly.

It's kinda obvious, especially with the fast rate of acceleration........but I still wanna try~!~ :lol:

I don't think those pools can take that kind of abuse and still stay upright. I had one and the water ran over the side with noone in it. My son had one and his wife got close to the edge, Away she went in the yard on a tidal wave.:laugh:

I did watch on Discovery channel one night a fella setting a world record.

He dove from 30 feet into 12 inches of water in a pool that appeared to be about half that tall and the pool held. He was able to spread the shock out through his body and walked away. Was pretty interesting.

Actually, I just found the vid on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did watch on Discovery channel one night a fella setting a world record.

He dove from 30 feet into 12 inches of water in a pool that appeared to be about half that tall and the pool held. He was able to spread the shock out through his body and walked away. Was pretty interesting.

Actually, I just found the vid on youtube.

Thats amazing. He actually got about 6 more inches from his leap.

It's kinda obvious, especially with the fast rate of acceleration........but I still wanna try~!~ :lol:

Yeah...if I were to land in a huge lake or massive pool....I'd be in! :laugh: I still find these special effects videos very creative. And the fact you can not see (digital blur) anywhere in them where it goes from reality to special effects...is amazing. Remember the Toyota truck commercials? :laugh:

Here's what I noticed.

1) the pool is sitting on padding used by stuntmen. That absorbs much of the shock created by his landing. I'm sure he bottomed out hard on the pool.

2) He used his hands to break the surface tension rather than just bellyflopping into the pool which would have caused significant pain

3) He's pretty darn dumb for even wanting to try that :)

Back