Best way to protect bike's color/finish?

umairhashmi

Registered
I have a black 06 busa and i know that black in general loses its sexiness pretty fast within a few years if you dont take care of it.From what ive heard from other guys with black bikes they say you shouldnt try to wash it with soap and water as little as possible,try to avoid exposing it to too much sun and use honda polish on it regularly.Any other advice? Here is a pic of my bike and i would like for it to look the same way for a couple yrs if possible.
DSC00712.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

black and red are the two hardest colors for FL ...the pigments just can't hold up under the ever-increasing UV exposure.
choose a quality wax like meguire's gold or zymol...and cover it when possible

waxon...waxoff.

Please talk to a detailer. they're all over the place downhere. never use soap!!! only water and a shami. clean the shami with a high pressure hose after every use (the leftover dirt with make micro scratches if not removed). can be done before or after(depending how often u ride)your rides. I ride everyday so while its warming up works great for me.   Waxing can be tricky. if u have a buffer then use liquid. if not like me use the stuff in the jar. Don't wax the vinyl stickers or the windscreen. ONLY PAINT Do not get wax in the cracks.  if u do u must remove the plastic to properly smooth the wax. if not it will form a white hard paste and could chip the paint.  
sad.gif
 Someone was telling me about this clay??? that really makes the sparkles shine. again a detailer should know about it. Oh and please!!! never use the same cleaning rag(shami) for paint and wheels/swingarm.
wow.gif
Oil and grease not the friend of your paint. besides that u should be good. if you keep her outside wax once a week and keep her covered.
cool.gif
 when i get my busa will have to go riding. My buddy lives near oakland park and dixie.  
biggrin.gif
will both be on busas in a couple of months. Remember to keep her clean and she'll shine like new for a long time
wink.gif
Oh and almost forgot beautiful bike and the fastest color, too!!

<!--EDIT|JustBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140504778 -->

hey whered you get your busa? im thinking of palm beach cycles for the best deal. $9,280* plus ttt ad in cycle trader. and yeah will go ridin'

Just keep it parked in the garage, and if you have to go out riding, then don't crash.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Other than that...What they said
cool.gif

Zymol wax. Keep bike in garage. Cover bike when in garage. Wax at least every 3 months. Clean weekly (or so) with Honda wax.

I've always kept a can of Honda polish around, great stuff. I've got a little can I keep under the hump. I whip it out while waiting for my buddies to catch up.....
wink.gif
(the honda polish)

My buddy lives near oakland park and dixie.
biggrin.gif
will both be on busas in a couple of months.
Let me know when u go riding.Im right by oakland and pine island.
same here i live near nine turns,you can also find me on
www.southfloridasportbikes.com same screen name
i wax mine about once every two weeks or when i wanna show off.. i use this pink wax i got at the youthfair and it works awsome i get some every year when they come around. also let me know when you guys are going riding im in!! i have a few people i ride with now but theirs always room to grow we should meet up some time.

oh yeah that clay was called clay wax. you guy are gonna smoke me on my 93 cbr 600 starter bike. but i'll do my best until my upgraded.
smile.gif

Back