Best way to get better gas mileage

rxhealer

Registered
I just have to say that since my switch to the busa my riding world as changed !!! I'm changing from a TLR 1000 to the busa but I've noticed that when riding in stop & go traffic my gas mileage sucks. Or is there some re-mapping or tuning that I may need to look into. On the highway mileage is great but I can go thru a good amount of gas when riding in the city. I stay just outside of Atl. so I hit the city quite often. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

city driving i get like maybe 25 mpg. freeway i get around 45. if i go on a long ride i can get 50+

How many miles on your bike.If its new it will improve some after breakin I average around 35 mpg

Geez guys you are riding a performace motorcycel.. 5 miles per gallon in the city and 45 is pretty good. It could be worse my Busa gets 18 mph on high bosst and 40 cruising. Nothing wrong with your set ups that is just the way it is. Honda 100cc get 85 miles per gallon.
wow.gif

I got a 79 jeep that gets 10 mpg .......:( But it's my revenge vehicle for the other cagers !

Amen, if you buy a Ferrari, don't complain about the insurance rates and gas mileage.  The Busa wasn't made to be economical transportation.  It is the fastest production bike made.  The gas mileage isn't going to be 85 MPG.  Just pull back on the throttle when you start to think about the gas mileage, that rush you feel in the pit of your stomach will make you forget all about it.

Amen, if you buy a Ferrari, don't complain about the insurance rates and gas mileage.  The Busa wasn't made to be economical transportation.  It is the fastest production bike made.  The gas mileage isn't going to be 85 MPG.  Just pull back on the throttle when you start to think about the gas mileage, that rush you feel in the pit of your stomach will make you forget all about it.
Amen , my brother !!!
idea.gif

Thanks, I thought it was just me. A buddy that I work with has a turbo on his & he told me the same thing. "Just get used to it", he told me. You will just be looking good at the frequent stops at the gas station.

Like you I moved from a TL1000R to also add a Busa. Of course I don't notice any city traffic difference since it's only 3 miles (or less) in any direction to be in the OPEN Plains  
laugh.gif
. Mileage isn't as good as the TLR, but the ride and Power more than makes up for the decrease of (MAYBE) 4 mpg  
jump9.gif

Joking aside, I get around 41 mpg highway and 34-35 riding thru  Oklahoma City  
bomb.gif

Back