Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Textile Jacket

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys I need your HELP ...I have 2 leather jackets and 1 Denim Jacket none are water proof So I want to get a Textile Jacket that is comfortable ,waterproof cool in the summer and warm in the winter to a point it really dosent get that cold here in FL. and a good fitting jacket I'm 5'9" and about 180lbs. YEA I'm Short and round LOL. what do you guys have and recommend ,Icon,Feild Sheer,First Gear,Joe Rocket, Tour Master , Cortec. etc. Need to find something fast I would like to have one before the Busa Bash @ the Gap

Well Bill , I have a Joe Rocket Textile . Not sure what the model is called but it's the one that looks like the race replica .....with all the labels of different sponsers on it . It's OK but I'll try another brand next time . It's not much cooler than my leather jackets but does fit better .

joe rocker phoniex. with zip out liner. its an A+

Firstgear here..love it. All of them should be nice.

Thanx for replying guys on the jacket keep them comming I have to make a decision here pretty soon if I want to take it to the Busa Bash in a couple of weeks ... I orderd a pair of textile pants couple days ago they were the Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 they look to be pretty nice . I ordered them from New Enough . I'ts hard to find stuff to fit right mostly if your short and stocky like a stump lol.. but I figuare that Im not the only one out here with this build and some one will come along and say HEY I'M a STUMP ... hehehehe

Peace guys&Gals

I have one from Bates Leathers in Long Beach, CA. I love it as well. Try different ones on and take the one that feels the best to you!

I'm a bit stumpy myself and I find Firstgear fits me best. I have a winter(Kilimanjaro) and a summer mesh and love them both.I haven't been able to find riding pants that fit right.I thouight I finally found some yesterday.Paid for them and everything.When I got on my bike the crotch was too tight and I could'nt get my feet on the pegs right.Then the next size up was too big.I think you'll find getting jackets much easier....Good luck

LOL........I was looking at Firstgear stuff and seen a couple of jackets that are really nice ,found that there a little bit more pricey but if the fit is good then I dont mind ,I have a freaking really nice RED Nexx Jacket wore it once but the arms are are litttle long for me probly going to put that jacket up for sale here in a little while. Thanks for you advice Ill let you know how the Joe rocket pants fit ..

I also have a Kilimanjaro jacket very nice for sure fits me great ..

Top Bottom