Best Method for Cleaning Wheels

+1 on the PLEXUS advice!

And I think it's a lot more fun getting the wheels dirty, than it is to clean them. Lighten up about some lube/dirt on your wheels. Instead of obsessing about dirty wheels, focus on what a good decision you made in getting a 'Busa.
Dear roadthing & Friends

Is the Plexus y'all keep referring to just a plastic cleaner found here:

http://www.plexusdirect.com/ ?

Where's the best place to get Plexus?

--Jaddie

Yes, that's the stuff. Billed as a plastic cleaner/polisher but it works on any smooth surface, chrome and all. I buy it at most auto/motorcycle parts houses.

I can't believe nobody threw out the Honda Polish on here. That stuff seems to make the rounds pretty regularly as well. I'll stick to my Pledge. I can get it anywhere and it is cheap!

I can't believe nobody threw out the Honda Polish on here. That stuff seems to make the rounds pretty regularly as well. I'll stick to my Pledge. I can get it anywhere and it is cheap!
Dear bigoltool

You mean Pledge will get chain lube off of wheels?

After doing a bit of research last night, I learned that Honda Polish isn't sold anymore. Honda's supplier now sells it under its own name and without the characteristic scent. I ordered two cans of that last night.

--Jaddie

Dear bigoltool

You mean Pledge will get chain lube off of wheels?

After doing a bit of research last night, I learned that Honda Polish isn't sold anymore. Honda's supplier now sells it under its own name and without the characteristic scent. I ordered two cans of that last night.

--Jaddie
You bet it will! and without any of the bad petroleum stuff getting on the tread either. I usually clean and lube my chain with WD-40 and then do the wheels with pledge and then the stock mufflers with goo gone. Then pledge for all of the bodywork. Works awesome and FAST!

BTW the Honda polish is available again as I understand it. They had supplier issues but I read the other day that they are back at it. A lot of people swear by the stuff. Never tried it myself though.

You bet it will! and without any of the bad petroleum stuff getting on the tread either. I usually clean and lube my chain with WD-40 and then do the wheels with pledge and then the stock mufflers with goo gone. Then pledge for all of the bodywork. Works awesome and FAST!
Dear bigoltool

I never thought Pledge would take grease away. That stuff is supposed to be safe for fine furniture.

I'll give it a try!

Thank you for replying.

--Jaddie

Dear bigoltool

I never thought Pledge would take grease away. That stuff is supposed to be safe for fine furniture.

I'll give it a try!

Thank you for replying.

--Jaddie
There was an article in Motorcyclist Magazine about 20 years ago and Dexter Ford wrote a schpeel about How Pledge was the best kept secret in motorcycling! He may have been right!
laugh.gif

Dear Friends

Armed with Simple Green, Plexus, Pledge, WD40, and Honda polish, I believe I ought to have the cleanest 'Busa wheels in Georgia.

I won't receive my rear stand until tomorrow and probably won't get the spools put on until Friday, but my next little project is to see how quickly I can get that rear wheel clean. That's very important unless the Maxima Chain Wax is so good that I no longer have the fling-off that I have now.

--Jaddie

Now get to cleaning....we don't allow those darn dirty Busas round these-dem-dare parts......
super.gif

"Fast and Clean"..representin' da O-R-G !!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back