best gps system

paulos

Registered
hi all only me,does any1 know wich is the best gps system on the market??dads looking to buy one but we aint to sure wich 1 to get.we have been looking at the tom tom one (but is it any good)???
please could you give us ur advise on this.

could you please specify by gps systems
did you mean gps for security purposes (as for anti theft and location)
or gps as in for navigation, directions

I have a garmin Rino witch is also a 2 way FRS radio works well for me. I would go with either Garmin or Magelan. There are alot of models pick the one that has the features you are looking for.

I also have the Garmin Rino 110 but, I want to buy one of the new Rinos because of the updated features. Good Two Way and good GPS.

Garmin GPS-V for me.. RAM mount, and wired to the battery.  I dig it, for sure.
same setup except i've got it velcroed to a stem stand.

very happy with it.. especially the "route finder" thing.. very cool.. cuz you can just ride whereever.. and when you get bored haha... "find home" enter...a nd viola it tells y ou where to go and gives you turn by turn directions on the way. very cool ... even tells you when you'll get there.. .... it also adjusts itself on the go so you know if your running behind the schedule or not.. very cool..

only downside is no type of memory to put in it... but it's got 18mb... so i doubt it will ever be a problem.

What RAM mount are ya'll using. I've got a Garmin Street pilot that I'm trying to find a way to put it on there. any Idea's?
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

I have the Garmin ETrex vista. I like is and found it online for pretty cheap. I have yet to use it on the bike though. I have the ram mount for it and it seems like it works pretty good.

I use the Garmin Legend (blue one). It works great. Just be sure to get the topo map disk. It shows all land features, trails, dirt roads, etc. Really cool feature. Chris

Back