Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 530 chain for a stretched-turbo Busa.

Puzzled

Registered
What are you turbo guys running for a chain? Shopping strictly by tensile strength EK had the highest tensile strength 530 chain at 11,500. There were several in the 10,400-10,600 range. The turbo combined with a 10" over arm wreaks havoc on a chain. I'm looking for the absolute best, hands down 530 chain.

What is a 530 chain
rock.gif

Assuming sarcasim as you have 5800 plus posts I'm assuming your running a 630?! That was/is a consideraton.

For those of you who may not be on top of the chain world here is a great link explaining the many different chains.
http://www.gizmology.net/sprockets.htm

Nice, what is the stock sprocket considered
rock.gif

Rear Sprocket is a NT 40-530, so I guess it comes with a 530 chain

Yes 530 is stock. However all 530's are not the same. Tensile strength ranges from 7400 to 11,500. Now truth be told I would have never considered tensile strength until I snapped a standard 530 chain. Now it is not entirely a chain issue per say as my heavy throttle hand combined with the length of the chain and the chain slop didn't help. A tensioner is in order for the chain length as well as a chain rated for a few more hp than stock.

I see 10 over and maybe 250 tire, how about the turbo 250 HP, 500 HP, more
rock.gif

Several use the EK ZZZ x-ring rated @ 10,500. EK The make a non-o-ring drag chain rated at 11,000, The 530DRZ2.

Top Bottom