Been Awhile & Figured I'd Touch Base...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
As Oren sits in the garage looking all lowly tied to her yuasa battery tender for many months now and 1/2 tore apart...last thing i tried to do (many months ago) was put a new set of rear brake pads on Oren but was so crippled up i couldn't manage finishing the job as almost a year ago?..i was diagnosed with diabetes.....then several months back?...musta had a black widow in my boot....got nailed on the right ankle and arch of the foot many times....

widowbites.jpg

odd part was...i didn't know what it was at first...but felt like i had red ants feeding on both my legs and both my legs and (real weird here) my fingers turned a blue'ish/purple and going numb...so i headed to the ER where they misdiagnosed the spider bites (they didn't look like the above pic yet) as diabetic neuropathy and the doc put me on lyrica and i'm still on it..eases the pain, tingling and numbness in my feet and legs but...also kinda scambles and slows my thoughts/re-actions a bit so i felt it a good idea to let Oren set a spell...especially after i couldn'y stay crouched down, sitting on concrete and kneeling long enough to finish the brakepad install..so she's been parked for quite some time...but man do i wanna ride. :(

On a brighter note?...today is the wife and I's 22nd anniversary...can't beleve she stuck around this long...and next month?...on July 27th i get to pick up my 2 years Clean & Sober NA Medallion...anyways..miss ya'll as much as i miss riding and figured i'd just touch base..L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man good to hear form you Bill!

Sorry about the misfortune, but things hopefully will turn around soon!

Good hearing from you. Maybe someone near by can help you finish that brake job. Prayer sent for a complete recovery and congrats on both anniversaries :bowdown:

Good to hear from you.
Happy anniversary.

That two years has gone so quick, glad your doing ok.

Are you still doing your archery.

i'm glad you're doing well my friend. the bad times give contrast to the good, so you realize how good you have it when you have it good.

Ouch! Those dang spiders aren't any fun to get bit by.

WOW! Two years already? Time flies. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

wow..thanks folks!...kinda shocked anyone remembers me here it's been so long since i've posted..but you'r kind, warm responses inspired me to at least crank Oren up today..as i got to thinking it's been several months since i last fired her up and i was shocked...at a touch of the button she sparked right up like she was just rode yesterday..and i could almost hear her saying...c'mon Bill..screw the rear pads...let's ride! :)

Then i realized it was probably my morning dose of lyrica kicking in. :laugh: but...

she's idling soundly as i type this...figured i'd run in an check this post and newman...yes..i'm still into the archery thing...except for the past year i've left the wheelbows hang'in while i went trad..been shooting recurves and longbows only...no sights...no wheels...just a bent stick and a string with some arrows..even took a weekend class on trad shooting a couple months back and was instructed by a world champion for 2 days..and here's a vid of how i'm doing with it as archery has played a signifigant role in my recovery..it's fun...keeps my mind occupied and gives me peace inside...

[video=youtube_share;Z8VpJhvAIZM]http://youtu.be/Z8VpJhvAIZM[/video]

and now i gotta go shut Oren down and roll'er back in the garage..maybe soon i can tackkle those brake pads and get riding again...i know i sure miss it..but i guess everything happens for a reason and L8R, Bill. :cool:

As Oren sits in the garage looking all lowly tied to her yuasa battery tender for many months now and 1/2 tore apart...last thing i tried to do (many months ago) was put a new set of rear brake pads on Oren but was so crippled up i couldn't manage finishing the job as almost a year ago?..i was diagnosed with diabetes.....then several months back?...musta had a black widow in my boot....got nailed on the right ankle and arch of the foot many times....

widowbites.jpg

odd part was...i didn't know what it was at first...but felt like i had red ants feeding on both my legs and both my legs and (real weird here) my fingers turned a blue'ish/purple and going numb...so i headed to the ER where they misdiagnosed the spider bites (they didn't look like the above pic yet) as diabetic neuropathy and the doc put me on lyrica and i'm still on it..eases the pain, tingling and numbness in my feet and legs but...also kinda scambles and slows my thoughts/re-actions a bit so i felt it a good idea to let Oren set a spell...especially after i couldn'y stay crouched down, sitting on concrete and kneeling long enough to finish the brakepad install..so she's been parked for quite some time...but man do i wanna ride. :(

On a brighter note?...today is the wife and I's 22nd anniversary...can't beleve she stuck around this long...and next month?...on July 27th i get to pick up my 2 years Clean & Sober NA Medallion...anyways..miss ya'll as much as i miss riding and figured i'd just touch base..L8R, Bill. :cool:
Wow Jinks, glad you logged in to let us know whats going on with you. We've missed you, you are an integral part of the org....you need to stay in touch my man :thumbsup: If I was close to you I'd have Oren up and running for you pronto :beerchug:
I wondered why you just up and left us you sonofagun :laugh:
I was on Lyrica for awhile for a back injury, helped the pain but does fuzz the head up abit. Still taking vicoden on the bad days...which are getting fewer and farther between thank goodness :cheerleader:
Watch your diet and take your insulin and you should be good to go :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief Jinks!! That's not good news...sounds like you're getting back to a more normal routine now, at least I hope so!

So glad you checked in...continued best for you in healing up and getting back on the Busa :thumbsup:

Sorry you are having a few health problems but congratulations on your wedding anniversary and your sobriety accomplishment!

Back