BDE Gen 3 or Yoshimura

ram4whldr

Registered
I am debating between the BDE generation 3 exhaust offered by brock davidson and the yoshimura systems. Everyone around here has the yosh systems and they are awesome but I like to have something different from the crowd. Can anyone give me some insight on the difference in sound between the two?

BDE is different in the crowd, good to know. I have some sound clips of mine which can be emailed if you want to here it.

they buy Yosh because they don't know any better
Thats quite an assumption there . Don't place me in that category because I do knowbetter .

Geeze , what a slam to our other members using the Yosh pipe . You could have worded different , or no words at all . Looking through the various threads , there are many responses of this type though .

Thats quite an assumption there . Don't place me in that category because I do knowbetter .

Geeze , what a slam to our other members using the Yosh pipe . You could have worded different , or no words at all . Looking through the various threads , there are many responses of this type though .
maybe he was referring to "them" as those people in that area.

that is definitely the case around here... if it ain't a yosh pipe they think its a P.O.S.

I have to agree with Cheese most people buy Yosh because they think that its the only pipe that belongs on a Suzuki. I have the BDE and love it.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115135404 -->

BDE is a good exhaust. Quite until you lay into it. If you are looking for the coolest sound go with Muzzy or HMF. However any new exhaust are good in my opinion.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115173651 -->

id go with teh bde over the yoshi...do you want looks or looks and power?

BullShit, I guess because I'm not in the board click my '03 W/Yosh and pc only don't count eh..
mad.gif

Busa_Dyno_Run.jpg

BullShit, I guess because I'm not in the board click my '03 W/Yosh and pc only don't count eh..
mad.gif
Different dyno on a different day. So no your dyno run doesn't count. They all made back to back runs on the same dyno so their test is the most accurate.
Yea yea yea..I Know, Don't know no better...

Stock air filter
No air bx mod
Justa custom mapp
And 87 octane

<!--EDIT|DR1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115209446 -->

Here's my dyno. Working on a sound clip.. Plus, you have to remember brocks exhaust is meant to work with other factors involved. It's a whole system (air bow mod, pair valve mod ) you get more than just a new pipe with BDE..

matt_dyno1.jpg

heres the outcome..
brixxer...162.37  hmf dual himounts
babusa...162.29  full akrapovic
busahaya..158  yosh trs 4-1?
charlesbusa...155 yosh 4-1 not sure which model.

Cheeseman is right on this one folks.
There's more to it than just those numbers. Some guys had custom maps, some didn't. Exhaust isn't the only thing that affects HP. That test had no torque values anywhere. The guy gave some bikes 3 pulls while other bikes got 6 pulls. Plus we didn't compare HP values at lower RPMs. Not everyone looks for the highest HP number. The test was good for Max HP between our 4 bikes.

Back