Basics for passing ECTA LSR (Maxton) tech

Yes it does, thanks.
I have Blanca just about all ready to go.
In fact she will meet specs posted for Mile-Marker 1 events held here in Miami.
All required things are wired, replaced coolant with non-glycol.
But I like the batt strap as well as kill switch.
These are not required nor mentioned in regs here but I would like to do them.
Strap is an obv thing I can manage but tell me how diff is it to install lanyard and killswitch ?

Sounds like another good reason to ride to Blais ...:thumbsup:
Honey gotta go..its a safety issue !

Did you ever get Blanca set up and run~?~

Bumping to the top since season is getting close. I was asked for this thread the other day and had a hard time finding it for some reason...here we go~!~

Keep in mind these are the basics...I have a feeling the 2011 rule book is going to show a couple of additions.

The lanyard needs to be updated with the newer model.

The battery strap, while still can pass using the strap they really like for a metal loop or strap to go all the way around the battery now...

Check the rule book carefully this year.

I understand that the pinch bolts on the forks a drilled a tied but how do you tie the axel? It appears that the wire goes into the axel...does it go through to the other side or do you drill a hole down / facing the ground...on eace side?

On the front axle you can take a 90 degree drill and go through the opening in the bottom of the fork tube/axle hole and do it while installed. Much easier if the axle is removed from the bike. You can drill a small hole (making sure it is where you can access it through your fork opening) and then when you reinstall the axle turn it to match up with the available opening.

I used Commuta's picture for an example. Your hole would show through the bottom where the arrow goes in.

commuta safety wire.jpg

That makes sense and is what I expected...I just wanted to be sure before drilling another hole.

Thank you.

My first land speed event would be at the new Ohio area...I have ran my bike at the area drag strips...not the best but I am learning and I'd prefer to go fast at a track.

As a new guy at the lsr events should I expect a few low / mid speed runs to show control?

I have yet to get the rule book and register...that will happen this week.

Does the front axel need the wire on both sides / fork legs?

Thank you for offering your advice

Usually they do licensing runs at 125, 150, 170, 200, 250 mph. You have to go in those stages to advance to the next speed to show you have control of your bike. I have a feeling that being a brand new track even licensed racers might have to make at least one pass at 150 or 175 before opening up any faster, we'll see.

The front axle does need to be wire tied on both sides, but does not have to be where I showed you...that does seem to be the easiest place though. I believe they changed the rules a while back that the pinch nuts are not required to be tied (I'll have to recheck the book to make sure), but if you are tying it anyway why not drill them also plus that gives you a place to tie your axle too.

At 200mph, I'd tie up every nut in that area. You never know what might rattle loose at the most inopportune time...and anything over 0mph is an inopportune time, plus it gives you a second look at things you might have forgotten to tighten in the first place.

How do you determnie a vehicle #? Is that added at the event or should I have a decal with a number on it ahead of time?

ECTA will assign you a #, Texas you can make up your own or run the ECTA class # if you want... ;)

Back