Bashes 2009 and Mrs. Rebas thoughts...

IF you make it in the spring?! What?! Who else is going to set up Rock Band?! :rulez:

This may be sacrilege.... but with the entire Phillips booked (for spring) before the Fall Bash even ended should it maybe..... just maybe... be a consideration to find a bigger place to hold future Bashes?

Maybe one where give aways could happen without cops telling us to get outta the road?

Not sure if there are even any places up there that would work (dont the R1 people have a big gathering up there each year too???) but It'd be nice for everyone to be in one spot...

I'll hush now.

Last edited:
This may be sacrilege.... but with the entire Phillips booked (for spring) before the Fall Bash even ended should it maybe..... just maybe... be a consideration to find a bigger place to hold future Bashes?

Maybe one where give aways could happen without cops telling us to get outta the road?

Not sure if there are even any places up there that would work but It'd be nice for everyone to be in one spot...

I'll hush now.

Didn't have any problems with the LEO's. But that could be because we closed the road Friday and Saturday nights:whistle:

:poke:
Yea I think you may be on to something here...

1st pass: Pacing along side a cop at 100+ for 2 or 3 miles (hmmm)
2nd pass: 4 of us pacing along side a cop at 105+
3rd pass: blowing by same said cop at 140+
4th pass: running for 4 miles with said cop in pursuit and not seeing him behind you... (oh this is getting good huh?)

5th pass: Are you with the others? "no" (other pulls up after turning around)... oh this looks good

6th pass: Ok well keep it under a 100.... have a good day (OMG!!! buy a lotto ticket)....

Seems as though I didn't get the whole story... again. hmmmm.....I may have to rethink this whole riding without me crap! :poke:

Not sure if there are even any places up there that would work (dont the R1 people have a big gathering up there each year too???) but It'd be nice for everyone to be in one spot...

I'll hush now.

+1
:whistle:

I'll hush now.
This has been discussed for a few months already (behind the scenes stuff)
I worry about changing venue as quite often, the place can have a big impact on the "feel" of the event...

The only other viable option (*at least so far) is Fontana and there are a number of issues..

Cell coverage.. you will not have coverage there
Costs: they are somewhat higher for rates
Food: we will likely have to pay for catering rather than the current setup

They also require a "contract" to guarantee room nights..

I am not sure about others but the room costs are a big deal as is the lack of cell phone service (one of my contract clients requires I be available 24/7 for support)

of course if the bulk of attendees wants to move the event, then arrangements can be made... The new venue will need contacted, adequate room procured and and guarantees made ($$ part)..

The R1 community has a nice program running and we can get help with how/what they have done through Vman..

I will need to spend the nights at a venue with cell phone coverage myself.. :(

We are going to have some shuttle service for the Microtel available for Spring bash if that helps...

Last edited:
hard to beat the Phillips and Ms. Reba. Its like staying with your grandma...:thumbsup:

Back