badly in need of a TIG welder

BUSAFETT

Registered
Anyone here in the MIG/TIG welding trade? I need help with a TIG job at my house that would take an experienced TIG welder a whole 3 or 4 hours to complete. Will pay, trade work or beer for, etc. I need a piece of aluminum butt welded, and it has to be done with either a MIG or TIG welder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (please)

BF

Would it help get me a response from anyone if I said the job was needed on a classic hot rod in a garage, and not on some crusty skanky pipe in a moldy basement?

BF

bump.gif

3 or 4 hour butt weld job? holy cow man what are you building? structural? cosmetic? if you can get someone with a "spoolmatic" gun, it should be a lot cheaper than TIG... just not very "pretty"

It doesn't need to be pretty, it's a part on the body of a car. Is there noone nearby who can help? Or who can even refer me to a place that will come out? I've tried checking on my own and am not getting anywhere. One "friend" who I thought I could count on totally f*d me over, just because he's too busy. I hate being in this predicament, b/c I always try to help people out who are in need.

I'm done whining, sorry- thanks to those who offered to help but are too far out.

BF

The part is bonded on the body of the car, encased in fiberglass. In order to ship it anywhere, the part would need to be cut out of the body of the car, and I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.

BF

check your yellow pages under "Fence repair" perhaps? sounds funny I know but you might find a guy that has a spoolgun..

got pics of what you are trying to do? the "fiberglass" thing does not sound encouraging... the trick to aluminum is "CLEAN" and there is a lot of heat transfer.. if the fiberglass is in any kind of close proximity, you are going to have problems..

I had an Airco 300 square wave and a miller 150 at the shop..

Back