Back to Houston

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I am probably headed back to Houston on Sunday. My mom has been fighting and giving 110% for 4 weeks. She is getting worse and the medication is not helping. She talked to my dad last night and told him that she couldn't do it anymore. When she said this 4 weeks ago, I was very angry w/her for not trying. With this new decision I am not angry with her. She has fought and has done everything the DRs have asked her to do and then some with no positive result. She is getting worse day by day.

The current plan is to move her home as soon as Hospice gets a hospital bed at dad's house. My aunt is flying down tomorrow to help take care of mom. Hospice will come in for a couple of hours a day to assist as well.

Mom will be taken off all her medications, the feeding tube has already been removed. They have been fighting with her blood pressure for some time. After her blood pressure medication stops her blood pressure sky rocket and shut down her kidneys. Uremia will set in once her kidneys shut down. That will be followed by a period of delirium will come followed by a coma. She will just go to sleep and not wake up.

I know that I sound a little disconnnected and emotionless but I am supporting her decision. She has been in constant pain for the last 10 years because of her weight. She needs and deserves relief.

Thanks for listening and pray for us.

Don

I'm praying for you and your family. May God give you and your mom peace in her decision.

prayers for you and your family. I know it's a hard decision, but at least she can pass in her own home with loved ones close by. I've had 2 grandparents that were able to go this way, and it seemed better for the rest of the family since it was on our own ground, not in a hospital surrounded by strangers.

Don again as said before Bro you have my number and my thoughts and prayer go out to your Mom and family brother.

Thoughts and Prayers with her, you, and the rest of the family.

Praying for you and your Mom. She will be at peace soon. God Bless.

Prayers sent
please.gif

Back