Back from a trackday

I don't know about cheaper.  The AMA course at California Speedway is $235 for the day.  Usually have 3 groups.  A race weekend you have Saturday practice all day (Basically a trackday) Then a 15 min practice session Sunday morning and 3 races for $230.  You have to figure all the bike prep for the track is the same for the race, IF your bike is already race prepped.  If still in street trim you can figure in the additional costs to do this as well.  

I am currently race prepping my 03 636.  Did all the safety wiring today.  Need to get the race plastics and get the street stuff off and I will be set for next season.  

Go to a club race and see what goes on.  The atmosphere is awesome.  Good times with good people.

Best of luck to you

Marc
Sweet!

Howlin, you know anything about brake fade?

Here is what I noticed. When starting out a session, the first few laps my brakes felt normal, almost grabby cause the 04R1's brakes are so sensitive. As the session goes on, the brakes change for the worse. Kinda weird, the lever like goes away, I had to pull the lever way in to get brake action once they got hot. This prob got worse for each session cause I kept getting faster. But after cooling down they would be right back to normal after sitting between sessions, and I would go through the same deal again. It did not feel that the brakes were less effective at all. They did not really feel squishy. Just needed more lever travel. Anythoughts on this?

I am assuming that you have the stock brake lines on.  On the track this will give you brake fade.  What happens is as you use the brakes the brake fluid heats up and the rubberized (Stock) hoses will begin to expand and this will make the lever and the feel of the brakes mushy!  It can, if you stay out long enough, actually fade to nothing.  I put on braided brake lines today to prevent this.  Here is a pic for you.:D

Marc

<!--EDIT|Howlin_Mad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087623150 -->

P1010816.jpg

i want to do that soooo bad but ill have to convince my wife to let me. nice tire, its nice to see someone pushing it in the turns and talking about it since its hard to get this info if you dont go there. thanks and ride safe

That looked like the most fun you can have with all your clothes on.
smile.gif
I'd have to differ, but I have lots of flight to call on. I don't think anything beats nap-of-the-earth (NOE) flying at 120 knots. Yanking and banking was the sh$t in the world's most advanced helicopter (aka the Apache)! I would say ridin' is a close second!

Back