B-king

Thanks, now the work begins to get her to where I want. Now that I've taken her for a decent ride, I find in the lower gears the power winds on its not instant like I'm used to with the Aprilia. I presume that's due to the airbox and ecu retarding it ?

Thanks, now the work begins to get her to where I want. Now that I've taken her for a decent ride, I find in the lower gears the power winds on its not instant like I'm used to with the Aprilia. I presume that's due to the airbox and ecu retarding it ?

Yep, the unrestricted B-king bin file still doesn't have the umph that the unrestricted Busa has, and once you see the airbox and it's inlets, you'll wonder how the engine even runs, lol

So it has some shitty smashed up screen I want to take off. These Allen bolts at the front of the screen just keep spinning freely, can't get them off ?

IMG_20240318_173832.jpg

IMG_20240318_173821.jpg

There have been 2 recalls on the Reg / Rec, the recalled part got recalled ! Easy for a dealer to check.

Some bikes had clutch bolts work loose and touch the cover, the noise is a bit of an obvious clue ! (Suzuki skimped on the thread lock)

No real issues otherwise, they are what they are. 16.5 ltr tank isn’t the best, and they aren’t the best for pillions or luggage, but that’s not their role, they are a big brute and a fun naked bike. A proper Super Naked in their day although less so now.

Some parts swap with a Gen-2, a lot don’t.

Had mine on the road since 2007. I wouldn’t have one as an only bike, but it’s a great toy that’s never failed to make me smile.

05F3E1F7-4781-4913-AA49-C08C9B9315BC.jpeg

Last edited:
It's been dropped and has some scratches on the tail. I should have mentioned I'm 250lb in leathers, so presumably need to respring the forks and shock ? What are the brakes like for such a heavy bike ?
I find the brakes fine, but I have a lot of older bikes that are piss poor so anything with radial brakes in the last 20 years impresses me.

Stock suspension is generally considered as soft.
There’s a heap of proper upgrades but the Gen-2 Busa forks are a bit firmer, a Gen-2 rear shock is also firmer but longer, so you either get a jacked up rear of you need new dog bones to correct it.

It very popular with owners to change the factory 200/50 rear with a taller better profile 190/55 (I run a 190/55 S22) if they like corners.

Gen-2 Busa wheels and B-King wheels swap over, but the cush drive hubs don’t, 1 is taller than the other.

If you’re not familiar with removing the tank and side pods do some homework. Not a drama once you know but not like most bikes. I’ve had a dealer break a key surround and seen folk struggle with the side pods. Once you’re familiar they aren’t hard.

EF03BF62-FE54-4803-9035-6A9824F8B469.jpeg

So I got the bike apart and fitted a healtech quickshifter (the one that uses the app) its throwing an FI code on the dash now.
Will that put the bike into limp mode ?

High School GIF by Fort Worth Country Day

Back