Attention 2011 Bash Attendees!

CARRY A CELL PHONE WITH THE HOTEL'S NUMBER IN IT. If something happens to you, call the hotel and the rescue crew will come after you.

Have a great time. Bring extra toilet paper for GixxerTP's bike :)

Also keep in mind that many of the places you'll be riding have little (if any) cell service.

Always ride with at least one other bike when possible. If you go over a cliff or into a river (it has happened), that person will be there to help you or go find assistance. If you crash by yourself and leave the roadway, it could be a very long time before anyone finds you.

Another small thing is gravel. watch for it, especially in the corners. Its not always at the entrance of a turn.....it can be bad in the mountains!!!!

Just my two cents

Also keep in mind that many of the places you'll be riding have little (if any) cell service.

Always ride with at least one other bike when possible. If you go over a cliff or into a river (it has happened), that person will be there to help you or go find assistance. If you crash by yourself and leave the roadway, it could be a very long time before anyone finds you.

True True...

Should snorkel gear when riding the hellbender be added to the list? :rofl:

Good rules... one I particularly like... puddin! LOL

Great post. I have two additional things that I have been doing for years.

Identification. I have on my helmet (in several locations) my name, dl number, wifes phone, Drs phone, allergy info, and name of motel. I ride alone a lot, so when information is needed I might not be able to give.

First aid kit. There have been NUMEROUS times that I have patched people up around the dragon. Something small to take care of minor stuff. If there is anything major needed, a helicopter flight will be involved. Those cases involve basic ABC and a prayer. No amount of gear carryable on a bike would be enough to really help. Except quickclot, which I do carry.

IMHO,
Chris

Great post. I have two additional things that I have been doing for years.

Identification. I have on my helmet (in several locations) my name, dl number, wifes phone, Drs phone, allergy info, and name of motel. I ride alone a lot, so when information is needed I might not be able to give.

First aid kit. There have been NUMEROUS times that I have patched people up around the dragon. Something small to take care of minor stuff. If there is anything major needed, a helicopter flight will be involved. Those cases involve basic ABC and a prayer. No amount of gear carryable on a bike would be enough to really help. Except quickclot, which I do carry.

IMHO,
Chris

Just plug me with a cigarette butt brother. I ride by myself all the time around here, have my ICE programmed in the phone.

He knows the :rulez:! I happen to have been in 2 of those encounters. A bike behind me went into the river one year! The next year a bike I was on cut off out in the middle of no where! :whistle:

I'm new here but used to spend much of my time down at the dragon and the surrounding area. Just a thought. The skyway seems wide open but there are three or four corners that do indeed close up unexpectedly. People that live there will most likely be faster then most through the gap even if they are riding a drz400 and your on your busa. It might be an hour ride before they can even get you to a spot for the helicopter to the hospital. Just something to keep in mind. Besides that you can get a ticket for crashing besides being banged up. Now im jelious have fun on the gap and all the other surrounding roads.

He knows the :rulez:! I happen to have been in 2 of those encounters. A bike behind me went into the river one year! The next year a bike I was on cut off out in the middle of no where! :whistle:

Whatchu talkin about Willis.....

Seems like Warbird has some unfinished business:rofl::rofl::poke:

The funny part is that I (somehow)was involved in those 2 incidents...what a koinkidink:rofl:

And what do you mean by a dry county??

I dont understand

I believe we get a hold of everybody, and get a Emergery contact numbers for anybody at the Bash JUST IN CASE. We can get intouch with there family member to let them know of the situation.

Back