At the drags tonight

Joshinthecity

Registered
I was the 3rd fastest "non-drag" bike there, out of a field of about 25, with a 10.83sec @ 212kph pass in very hot weather.
What was really interesting was the guy I ran with, on a 2500k-old ZX10.
Every run, we would be neck and neck till about 2/3 track then he would just walk away from me. finishing up with a 10.7 or 10.6 fark those things have a MASSIVE top-end. Both our bikes were bog stock. He was a nice bloke and I think our skills were about equal, however nothing I could do would stop this thing passing me at the bottom of the track.
I had no problem dispatching all the other litre bikes.
ZX10's are quick.

Josh

if he walked you on top end check for NOS
rock.gif

rock.gif
No NOS.
I actually had a good chat with the guy, he was a pretty decent bloke. Bike was bone-stock, bought as a demo with 1000klm on it. No tricks that I could see. He would have told me anyway if there was. We're all pretty friendly and willing to exchange info etc 'round here

Josh.

rock.gif
No NOS.
I actually had a good chat with the guy, he was a pretty decent bloke. Bike was bone-stock, bought as a demo with 1000klm on it. No tricks that I could see. He would have told me anyway if there was. We're all pretty friendly and willing to exchange info etc 'round here

Josh.
Just because you can't see, hear or smell it doesn't mean it's not there...Even if your told that it's not be suspect...An old zx10 should not be pulling a Busa anywhere...If you had posted he out rode you out the hole and you got him on the big end we would all be like that's cool...There's no way he should pull you...They built motors for that bike too...Anyway next time out give him hell...  
evil.gif

<span style='color:red'>I read your post wrong...Thought you meant an old zx10/not a new zx10r with only 2500 miles...Anyway watch out for all the liter bikes on the short tracks...</span>

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100740400 -->

rock.gif
No NOS.

Josh.
Just because you can't see, hear or smell it doesn't mean it's not there...Even if your told that it's not be suspect...An old zx10 should not be pulling a Busa anywhere...If you had posted he out rode you out the hole and you got him on the big end we would all be like that's cool...There's no way he should pull you...They built motors for that bike too...Anyway next time out give him hell...
evil.gif

<span style='color:red'>I read your post wrong...Thought you meant an old zx10/not a new zx10r with only 2500 miles...Anyway watch out for all the liter bikes on the short tracks...</span>
The 10 was stock as a rock. I'd put my house on it.

Josh.

you are u pinning the throttle at the top end. i know i wasnt pinning the throttle because when you turn your wrist down its not all the way pinned. Dont know if this makes any sense???

maybe he shifted to one higher gear a little sooner than u did and by the time u got into that gear the race was over? or maybe u shifted to soon?

What kind of KPH/MPH did he run compared to you?  That will tell you if it's stock or not!
wink.gif

Sounds to me like he is just launching better than you.  You are getting the jump but heating the clutch up to much and loosing your drive.  He just launches smoother/easier and motors right on by!
biggrin.gif
That or you are shifting like a school GIRL!

Post the slip info for both of you if you have it
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100758181 -->

I'm a little skeptical myself, but I think it's more rider than bike. Not trying to down you or anything Josh, but reaction time proves very crucial in races like that. Even the best riders with just slight hesistation, for whatever reason, can be smoked.

I'm Brian Charles and I approve this message...
biggrin.gif

Case in-point: I have a lifelong friend of mine who rides a Honda Blackbird. Now, in no way is the Blackbird going to beat a Busa, but let me just say this. He's an excellent rider and he launches the hell outta that bike. I walk him down and beat him every time, but he has one of the best launches I've ever seen. Too bad he rides a Honda...
laugh.gif
Actually improved my skills by running side-by-side and launching. Improved my reaction time a whole helluva lot and started me going to the track and put my skills up against others who are whole lot better rider than I am.

The 10's prolly just geared down abit...some guys I know won't mention that, cuase' if they don't say....you can't tell by looking
wow.gif
You can tell most bigger mods cause they usually involve a pipe....but gearings the true sleeper, makes ANY "stock" bike seem a whole lot faster
wink.gif

The 10's prolly just geared down abit...some guys I know won't mention that, cuase' if they don't say....you can't tell by looking
wow.gif
 You can tell most bigger mods cause they usually involve a pipe....but gearings the true sleeper, makes ANY "stock" bike seem a whole lot faster
wink.gif
true dat... true dat!!!

Back