Asked A Bit More Of The Ol' Harley..

That's just a little more oil leaking than normal...:whistle: Those beasties ain't for knee dragging...What was he thinking?
He can think about it on his walk home...:laugh:

he was right on the line, think he could have made it if he had gotten his butt off the seat and actually been a part of the ride instead of just a passenger :beerchug:

What I don't understand he hears the parts start scrapping and he gives it more throttle and lean??? I guess he wanted to hear more scrapping cause it's cool:poke: Was a beautiful bike glad the worst thing he hurt was his pride..

- 5 points for trying to ride it like a sport bike

+ 5 points for the dismount

??? I just dont get it.............. You try to ride your on a harley like your on a sport bike? You dont see us riding around reving our bikes unnecessarily and leaking oil in the parking lots do ya? :laugh:
Moral of the story is "Square peg ...Square hole" get in where you fit in :rulez:

I hate seeing that kind of stuff ... especially because it was a beautiful bike. Thank God he walked away.

Whats more amazing to me is the sheer # of videos of people wrecking in this one curve.....

That's a very deceiving corner. I ride it on average of once a month. What you don't see is there is usually a crow of people on the same side as the camera man. That audience tends to push the "show off" button on some of these guys. That corner gets tighter as you near the top (right where he crashed), so if you come in too hot you can:

1) drag hard parts causing the rear to break loose
2) Panic and hit the rear brake, causing the rear to break loose
3) turn too tight on the double yellow line and hit a bots dot with your rear tire, causing it to break loose
4) Grab too much front brake, causing the front to wash out
5) let off the throttle suddenly, causing the bike to come out of the line and then having no chance of making the turn

and..

6) taking that corner, ignoring the first 5 possiblities, and then accelerating to show the crowd how cool you are dragging your knee... and then your whole body and bike before it's all over.

Oh, and by the way, if, by some miracle, you survived the turn and are exceeing the 15mph speed limit, there's a friendly CHP crusier at the top of the hill waiting to tell you what a great job you did! :banghead:

With, practice you can safely negotiate that corner, dragging knee and all, but many people that try that, have no business doing so.

What also scare the hell out of me in watching these vids is the amount of vehicle traffic in that one stretch.
It looks like a freakkin tourist attraction with the amount of people trying to prove their driving skills one that one section of roadway!!
In that aspect, it reminds me of the Dragon!!

On the positive side, the odds of running into Jay Leno seem pretty good....:laugh:

Back