Article for "Rider's Review"

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
A new magazine is out entitled Rider's Review.

The editor, Cal (Seraph) asked me to write a 'first impression' of the Gen2 Busa.

The article and pix will appear in the forthcoming issue (I'll provide a PDF after it's published).

I had a professional photographer (Israel Castillo) come to the house yesterday morning to take the pix which will accompany the article.

He arrived an hour before our group ride, and while he was busy 'snapping' away, I took the below picture of him, hard at work.

Turned the new 'baby', now resting in the garage after a grueling weekend, to 4,000 miles during today's ride.

Going to breakfast yesterday morning, (before Israel showed up) I rode the '06LE for the first time since I bought the '08. It sat in the garage virtually untouched for 2.5 months and fired right up. She has new oil in her and a new set of rubber...it was joyous to get her out again.

The bikes are very different.

So, that's my weekend in a nutshell...

Hope you all enjoyed yours, as well.

Scar

Scar_s_Busa_s_2_9_08__Israel_.jpg

so how was ridding the 06? i let my 03 sit for a bit of time too. but i now dont like riding the 03. i allways ride the 08
cool.gif

So did you remember the shameless promotion of the Org!?
beerchug.gif

so how was ridding the 06? i let my 03 sit for a bit of time too. but i now dont like riding the 03. i allways ride the 08
cool.gif
Riding the '06 was eye-opening. I was amazed at how different the two bikes are, and taking the couple of months on the '08 into consideration (or lack of riding the '06) really magnified their dissimilarities.

Still love the '06, though.

I think what amazes me most is how much faster in the twisties I am on the '08.

I've decided, though, that I need to get out on the '06 at least once a week so I can still be comfortable and confident on it.

A grip of pix showed up in my e-mail this morning from the photographer. He got some awesome shots.

Here's the last one Israel sent.

What a gorgeous day it was!

14__e_.jpg

Back