Art work finished on bike..take a look

2hip

Registered
Guys, finally got the art work done on the new paint job. Hired an old style painter in Vacaville to put into paint my concoction of a name for the manufacturer and model of our beloved Hayabusa...
So, I came up "Zook-Hay"...When I still had hair we used to call Suzukis...Zooks...and Hay...well that one is pretty easy for even old guys whose testosterone levels aren't what they used to be...snicker.
It was an interesting discussion with Karl. He showed me this very very thin reddish gold leaf...honest to heavens it is real gold...I told him that I wanted some sort of Japanese style of lettering, Zook-Hay, and add some sort of outline on it. We worked through several design drafts before settling on this...I really like it...and he added some pinstripping to the lower panels because I felt it was too large expanse of black...will post up the whole deal later this week when I get it all back together

So, he lays down the lettering by grease pencil, puts a clear coat down and then lays the gold leaf on it...waits for it to dry and then brushes off the excess gold leaf that wasn't captured with the underlying clear coat, then hand paints on about 4 more coats of clear...if u look closely u can see that it is hand cleared...very interesting guy and fun as heck to talk with.

craig's sell items 08-29-10 014.jpg

looks good. make sure to post pics after you get it all back together so we can give you the final thumbs or thumbs down.

Back