Arkansas sportbike cruise in night

OB_gsxdan

Registered
Any central Arkansas sportbike riders interested in a sportbike cruise in at one of the local hangouts? Maybe the Sonic in west Little Rock. If there is enough interest I will work on a location.

Sounds like we need to make it a 4-state weekend ride (Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas) in northern Arkansas.

What do you think?

So i hear ya got a copper/siver Busa. What were you riding before? Have you ever been to the Mother's Day drag races at Centerville? Have you had your Busa on the strip yet?

dan,
Never been to centerville except passing through when riding petit jean. Haven't had my busa at the strip, I figured since I like canyon carving more than dragging, I wouldn't go for the brock clutch mod. From all i've read here, you can't get good times at the strip on a busa w/o some kind of clutch mod. Besides, i'm relatively new to bikes and am more interested in road racing than dragging.

Only dragging I've done was roll-ons against a black/sil busa back this summer shortly after I got my busa. The guy's name was VP or something like that, and he kept bragging about how "shine" had ridden his bike to 9.5, and how his busa was the fastest around.

From just looking, all I could tell had been done to the bike was lowering and reversed shift pattern. He,I, and a load of other bikes headed down in a pack to some little town near Pine Bluff where we were supposed to race. On the way down on hwy 65 (lots of long straights as you know), we did a series of roll-ons from about 5mph. I beat him everytime except once, and that one time was because I was still getting used to the new mods on the bike and got scared and rolled off when the front end kept coming up at speed (hadn't even touched the stock suspension settings yet and had just dropped to a 16 and installed yosh pipe a few days before.)

When we got to the town, everyone sat around and talked a bunch of noise for what seemed like hours. Some of the guys were talking about racing for a grand and flashing money and I knew there was no way in hell I needed to be hanging around there for long (pretty much concluded these were the "ballers"). So after waiting a little while longer, no one had raced yet, still just yacking, so I told VP we'd have to get our drag on some other time and went back to Little Rock. Haven't been much interested in drag racing since, though I have contemplated cutting some longer bones and trying them out just to see.

Back