are the 1999 hayabusa different

samizx7

Registered
hey guys i was wondering if the fairing from 2001+ would fit on 1999 hayabusa, i heard the gas tank would not fit is that true?? please let me know asap

Gas tank won't, internal vs. external fuel pump, but everything else is the same....
BTW, you should calm down already, you're awful frantic about getting replies.......

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

99-01 - 16 bit processor,external fuel pump
99-00 - unrestricted after 186 mph ands other can be to with a TRE.
02-up - 32 bit processor,fuel pump internal
03 up - better starter system,clutch cushion from the factory,gold forks and calipers
01-up - steel subframe
05-up - Flash-to-pass headlight button,Headlight cuts off when starter is engaged

Otherwise pretty much the same.

hey i know what you mean, but i am about to spend 1000 dollar on the fairings, and i want to know before i pay. so what would it take to fit the 2001+ tank, or there is no way to do it?? thanks

u will need a bung plate so that you can run the fuel line from your pump to the tank and to the tank back to your pump and you will use your stock pump but your fuel guage won't work anylonger and will get a fi light and a code unless you buy a resisitor to shut it off and will have to keep a check on your gas yourself.

Back