arai helmet

race1gun

Donating Member
Registered
anyone ever had that happen??? the bottom just blew off my helmet last night. bottom= rubber strip in front below shield
around bottom of helmet . never had that happen before on a helmet but never had a motorcycle that would go this fast . does anyone know what the name of that piece is so i can call it by name when i call arai for replacement??? rubber front trim??

I never had that problem, but my old Arai would lose the air vents. The side plates cracked too. I'll stick with Shoei from now on.

Nope, never had that happen to me, though I had a Vega helmet once that slow disinegrated over time, id loose a part every once in awhile. I still have it, shield is gone as well as every other part on the helmet.
laugh.gif
The shell is still intact and it fits nice so I use it if I am really greasy after work and dont want to clean up.
smile.gif

I had something simular happen, I was ridding on the interstate, and I pulled down the little chin deflector, and it and the front black rubber trim came off in my had. (fun at about 100MPH with something now in my hand I didnt want to drop). I glued it back on with some good rubber cement and it seems to be good. Not sure what you would officially call it though.

I personally never had an Arai but my uncle did and he had a problem with the vents blowing off at speed.

I have never had a single problem with my Arai. I think you should epamil Arai and see if they will fix it for you.

Dude that sucks. NEVER heard of anything like it.

As for the little vents blowing off. Nice "Urban Tale"....
laugh.gif

This one time at bandcamp...
cool.gif

Urban tale my a$$. I sold the helmet, but still have one of the shields. Notice the gaping holes where the vents used to be.

vetns_gone.jpg

Dont get me wrong, That piece came off, but I would not buy another brand helmet, This is the second Arai I have had, and there is nothing more comfortable.

It happen to my Arai helmet also. Looks like what there using to hold that part is not doing it's job.

WOuld you stop driving a Ferrari if one of your mirrors fell off. Nooo, you would fix that SOB and hit the road. Shid happens. I had the rear top vent blow off my first Arai. When it came time to buy another helmet what did I get ...... another Arai.

Fix it and get back on your bike.

WOuld you stop driving a Ferrari if one of your mirrors fell off.   Nooo, you would fix that SOB and hit the road.  Shid happens.  I had the rear top vent blow off my first Arai. When it came time to buy another helmet what did I get ...... another Arai.

Your damn right I'd quit driving a ferrari if the mirror fell off. If I pay 200,000 for a car it'd had better do everything short of suck me off while I was driving it, let alone have parts coming off of it. Maybe I am a cheap bastid to but I feel the same about paying high dollar for a helmet. I want a long lasting quality product.

WOuld you stop driving a Ferrari if one of your mirrors fell off.   Nooo, you would fix that SOB and hit the road.  Shid happens.  I had the rear top vent blow off my first Arai. When it came time to buy another helmet what did I get ...... another Arai.

Your damn right I'd quit driving a ferrari if the mirror fell off. If I pay 200,000 for a car it'd had better do everything short of suck me off while I was driving it, let alone have parts coming off of it. Maybe I am a cheap bastid to but I feel the same about paying high dollar for a helmet. I want a long lasting quality product.
I agree, no excuses if you're paying the big bucks.

I love my Shoei, I'm sure I'll stick with them due to my helmet being able to withstand a wreck from a wheelie, an endo, and a pissed off girlfriend throwing it on the concrete.

All BS aside Arais are dayum good quality. You know every now and then old Jim Bob at tha factory may fugg up and not put your #### together right, but that can happen with any helmet.

I know my Ferrari analogy sucked, I'd take the daum thing back for that kinda money as well.

And Arai keeps marketing their quality? the best? How did their current advertisement run??? "You can buy a cheaper helmet than Arai....". Hmmmm.

I think someone needs to reattach that Arai sales person training video clip on how to measure a customer's wallet and and credit card.
smile.gif

Back