Apple vs Android

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from an IPhone 5. I was amazed at the crap Apple does to control your life. I actually feel the freedom you get breaking away from Apple's control freak leanings. Music that I bought was difficult to move to Android but finally got that done. Now I am Apple free. I have a Surface Pro 3 tablet I use as a mobile computing platform, Android phone, and all my home/work computers are Windows, LG tablet I'm putting on the Busa. One of my new year's resolutions done!

I've gone back and forth a few times. I generally let the wife get the phone upgrades and just take whatever. A couple times she got galaxy phones and I used them. I prefer the android platform. I currently use a Motorola moto-x, finally my choice :)

I've had my note 4 since November and really like it. It's big yes, but I like that feature. I have an IPhone for a work phone and have never liked it other than I don't pay for it. ..

I wudnt go back to anything widows based anything even if it was free! all the hackers out there hack, infect and destroy windows based items not IOS. but I guess if u don't have a Macbook then its not as big a deal but syncing is far easier and better with an Iphone to Mac then anything windows android based. plus u have iCloud with apple so everything links from ur computer to phone and is saved.

y didn't u just get the new Iphone? the Iphone 5 is kind of a dinosaur now so u really can't compare that to a new galaxy.

I looked at the IPhone 6 & 6+ and they were expensive and the Galaxy has all the same features plus some really cool track and motorcycle Apps. Also the Galaxy has the best camera going and I use that a lot for work. Also Galaxy has a micro SD card slot so you can basically pack everything you have on it. We went to a meeting in NC the other day and i had the entire job file on a 64GB SD card on my phone!

With Knox, I hesitate in rooting.

I had root on mine but ran the OTA update which lost it. I want 5.0 on my note3.

best part of android - not having to deal with itunes.

Over two years ago, Apple changed it so one doesn't need to use iTunes in order to have an iPhone. One can get an iPhone, activate it, back it up, etc. all to iCloud. I will agree with Brett, if one has all Apple stuff...it 'just works'. Apple makes it very easy and seamless for all their products to coexist.

I've had every iPhone since the iPhone 3, I have an iPhone 6 Plus now and love it. I use a Surface Pro 3 for my work computer. I use OneDrive, Google Drive and iCloud extensively to "take things with me", no need for USB keys and/or SD cards.

There are things I like about iPhone...there are things I dislike about it. There are things I like about Android...and there are things I dislike about them. From an IT-perspective, iPhone/iPad is much easier to support since they are all the same; Android has so many different flavors and each manufacturer does their own thing. That said, you have to use what you like. It's like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge; you'll never get everyone to agree on what's best...it's all up to the individual and his needs.

:2cents:

Apple to me is Like a Kawasaki ZX14 and Droid is a Suzuki Hayabusa. Just sayin.

Please tell me what benefit "rooting" does? What are the pros and cons? I have heard about this but never have done it for fear of messing up my phone.

And our stupid firewall at work blocks those links.

Last edited by a moderator:
It let's the user have access to all the phone functions, not just the ones that the carriers want you to have.

I think iPhone and android are targeted at two different demographics. If that is true then they will never agree because they are both the best; therefore both sides are correct.

I will hand it to apple, they are great at marketing, and managed to insert themselves into every part of our lives. Try finding a built in android dock on a new surround sound system. Yes you can do it but it is clunky, so win for apple same architecture makes for better mass produced aftermarket.

Back