APOPKA, Fla. -- A member of a motorcycle gang appeared in court

Laylas_Mom

Registered
Gang Member Gets 'No Bond' In Fatal Shooting
Posted: 11:09 pm EDT September 15, 2009
Updated: 5:40 pm EDT September 16, 2009

APOPKA, Fla. -- A member of a motorcycle gang appeared in court Wednesday, accused of killing an Orange County father. James Bedsole was arrested for murdering 29-year-old Chad Brickey.

"You have been arrested on an orange county warrant," said a judge to Bedsole.

The judge ordered he be held on no bond.

Bedsole is accused of shooting Brickey for knocking over his friend's motorcycle outside Sharkey's Pub in Apopka.

Apopka police believe it was Bedsole who followed Chad Brickey to a gas station early Saturday morning and shot Brickey, killing him instantly.

A security guard, Holguy Louissant, the man who was allegedly driving the vehicle Bedsole was in during the shooting, was also arrested.

"There's a little relief having those two guys off the streets now," Chad's father Kerry Brickey said.

Loussant was working security near Sharkey's Pub. Police say Bedsole jumped in Loussant's truck and told him to follow Brickey to the gas station where he was killed.

"I've got a lot of friends that are bikers too. I don't think anybody would actually shoot somebody over their bike," Kerry Brickey said

Police say Bedsole was a member of the Warlocks motorcycle gang. It's a secretive group that is so serious about the "biker lifestyle" that they say only about one percent of bikers are right for membership.

Neighbors knew Bedsole was a biker, but knew nothing of the incident.

"Nothing surprises me anymore. It's the times that we live in. You know, it just surprises me it's so close to home. You hear it all the time," neighbor Darrell Palmer said.

Like Bedsole, Louissant faces murder charges. Apopka police say the crime couldn't have happened, if Louissant hadn't chased Brickey down.

Chad Brickey leaves behind a young daughter named Caitlin.

Linky: Gang Member Gets 'No Bond' In Fatal Shooting - News Story - WFTV Orlando

This is 10 mins from my house.

Yes we have a few local 1% but only two of the clubs act like actual gangs. This is one of them...

To take a mans life over an accident? Over a bike?? Wow.

Scary to know I rub shoulders with these people at some of the local bike nights.

Death is a pretty harsh penalty for knocking a bike over. But it's the times we live in I guess. Personally I avoid the hangouts that unsavory type bikers frequent. I'm not going to stereotype as I ride a HD as well. But around here and as well in Orlando, there are certain hangouts that should be avoided. Especially if you want to leave in 1 piece.

Death is a pretty harsh penalty for knocking a bike over. But it's the times we live in I guess. Personally I avoid the hangouts that unsavory type bikers frequent. I'm not going to stereotype as I ride a HD as well. But around here and as well in Orlando, there are certain hangouts that should be avoided. Especially if you want to leave in 1 piece.

I agree but they sometimes show up at local bike nights like Hooters and such. I just smile and find a big guy that will act like I am with them. Haha!

the guy that dropped my bike the first day i got when it only had 15 miles on it is still alive :laugh: i bet that biker doesnt think its so serious now that his azz is sittin in jail

it wasn't even his bike. It was his friends' bike. WTF? I mean you think he would have left it up to him to take care of, or at least made him go too. So sad. Yet another reason I rarely go anywhere without a handgun.

A valet backed over my 1993 gsxr750 (907) I did yell at him for like 5 minutes...very loud and called him every name in the book....3400.00 in damage....you can replace the parts???

Back