Anything that swims?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I was watchin "Whale Wars" earlier and then a special called "The Cove" after it. The cove was about the killing of dolphins for food, it was pretty rough, no need to get into details. I noticed that the japanese will kill and eat anything and everything in the ocean. Fish, lobster, clams, all seems fine, octopus and squid are a little odd, but not that bad, but dolphins?

Anyone ever eatin a Dolphin?

i watched that movie couple months back...there is also a fish named dolphin. had that before but not the porpoise. wich reminds me of a joke i made up....

why did the trainer at marineland kill himself after they closed the park....

because his life had no more porpoise.... :laugh:

i watched that movie couple months back...there is also a fish named dolphin. had that before but not the porpoise. wich reminds me of a joke i made up....

why did the trainer at marineland kill himself after they closed the park....

because his life had no more porpoise.... :laugh:
:laugh:
thats so bad, its good:thumbsup:

Aw crap I missed it. Been seeing the preview for a while now .
I eat fish called Bullhead Dolphin all the time . Also called Mahi Mahi but never eaten porpose .
How was the show ? Did the guy 'Shut 'em down' as he said in preview ?

I was flippin around a bit, i didnt feel like watchin some of the scenes in the first half, then I found "Swamp people" on history channel. Sorry, no good review for ya

I don't support whaling, but I also think these whale war people are off their rockers. Running their boat into a whaling ship and then blaming the whalers for wrecking their boat? Nice try.

Anti-whaling boat sinks in Antarctica - World news - World environment - msnbc.com

ugh, did ya watch the episode when it happened? the ship Adi Gil was dead in the water, the whalers turned into them.... the video looks pretty clear that the activists weren't the ones to blame. Many other episodes when the whalers are very aggressive as well. Editing room floor being what it is, discovery is usually pretty fair about not getting rid of the juicy bits.

And yes they are nucking futz, no way I'd do it but I would support their cause, the whaling ban definitely seems fair and the Japanese "research" seems very commercially driven :banghead:

In all fairness, I did not see the video, I was making an assumption based on their lunacy. I have also heard varying accounts, so I wasn't sure what was edited to reflect the truth and what wasn't.

I hate it when good causes are hijacked by lunatics. Like PETA. I love animals and would never harm one except for food. But if you subscribe to PETA, you're supposed to eat grass and tree bark. :poke:

In all fairness, I did not see the video, I was making an assumption based on their lunacy. I have also heard varying accounts, so I wasn't sure what was edited to reflect the truth and what wasn't.

I hate it when good causes are hijacked by lunatics. Like PETA. I love animals and would never harm one except for food. But if you subscribe to PETA, you're supposed to eat grass and tree bark. :poke:

no worries :beerchug: Yeah unless someone was there on a separate boat, simply "watching" or "observing" you just arent going to get a clear story for any of this stuff. What I dont get is that the Sea Shepards are down there fighting the fight and seem to be like two kids in those fat sumo bouncy suits. They could do so much more but seem content just to throw "rotten butter" and paint and other stuff that really does nothing. You'd think with the millions they spend on fuel they could find a better solution :whistle:

And Tim, yes the Japanese do eat most anything from the sea .... head over to a really nice sushi bar and you'll notice random bits that you've only seen on the discovery channel :laugh:

(some of its pretty yummy :whistle: )

And Tim, yes the Japanese do eat most anything from the sea .... head over to a really nice sushi bar and you'll notice random bits that you've only seen on the discovery channel :laugh:

(some of its pretty yummy :whistle: )

hmmm... you've seen my varied diet at its best:laugh:

Back