Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone raised their rear ride height?

Maximus Brutus

Registered
I know a lot of you US guys like to lower your bikes, but has anyone raised their rear ride height?

I did this on my Gen I by getting shorter dog bones made but it looks like there's now an off-the-shelf solution that raises ride height by a full inch.

Anyone using this on a Gen II?

i bought mine used and it was raised by the orig. owner, i like it, though i'm on tippy toes.

i bought mine used and it was raised by the orig. owner, i like it, though i'm on tippy toes.
Do you find it stable at speed? I believe the Gen II is a bit quicker steering than the Gen I anyway so I'm concerned the +1" may be too much.

I think the easiest way is to go to a 190/55 rear tire. Different brands have different true diameters, but your O.D. should be .5" to .75" larger. In turn, raising the rear .25"-.375"(6.5mm-9.5mm). Another option recomended in Bike (UK mag) was 4mm spacer above the rear shock. They said handling agility and high speed stabilty improved.

My gen2 is raised in the rear an inch!
I love it.
Tips in hard and felt perfect up to 285kmh.

Top Bottom