Anyone here buy new from Golden Gate Cycles in San Francisco?

oldschool

Registered
Being a frugal consumer, especially in this day and time, I've been researching and shopping around for a new Hayabusa. Every dealer I've called has been willing to talk OTD pricing over the phone except for Golden Gate Cycles. All they will say is come in and we will give you a good price. They also claim that the price other dealers quote you over the phone is just to get you to come in but they wont give you that price.

So has anyone purchased a bike from them and did they give you a good price? I do plan on playing hard ball with them on the price and I will walk out the door if they don't play ball. But if I am wasting my time even dealing with them I would rather go somewhere else.

I did a search but only two threads came up with golden gate cycles and neither about buying new bikes.

TIA

If everyone else is giving you pricing over the phone I'd tell them they lost and move on. Then ride it to their shop to show them how their policy is not working. But that's just me!

If everyone else is giving you pricing over the phone I'd tell them they lost and move on. Then ride it to their shop to show them how their policy is not working. But that's just me!
The only reason I am considering them is because they are the closest dealer to me. I already know the next closest dealer in San Mateo sucks because I've owned four suzuki's and have already dealt with them.

OTD Cyclesports Auburn

(530) 885-7105

Price: $12,199

There is also an OTD Cycle Sports in Oakland and Burlingame, but didn't not show them in stock. This is a true OTD price for an 09. Offer them 12k I bet they will take it.

I bought my C14 from them. Make the drive or contact the local OTD Cycle Sports dealer, maybe they can have one transfered from Auburn.

You can have warranty service done by any authorized Suzuki Dealer, does not have to be returned to the selling dealer for IW service.

tell them the lowest otd price you have been given over the phone and see if they will beat it or atleast match it.

I pushed the internet sales manager until he gave me a price. He said $13,400 OTD was the lowest they could go. I saved myself the headache of driving into San Fran on a saturday (which BTW is a complete nightmare if you've never done it).

The OTD stores in the bay area don't carry suzuki's. I asked if they could ship one in and he already knew about the one in auburn, but he said they couldn't do that, something about franchise rights.

So I'm working my way further out. Now I am waiting for a call back from a dealer about 25 miles south of me.

Thanks guys.

So, since I didn't buy the 09 busa from the dealer in San Fran I kept calling around and found a nice salesman in Redwood City, which is about 25miles south of me who was willing to sell me one at 12600OTD but said he would have to locate one.

I talked to him about 5 minutes ago and he said he found one but the dealer wouldn't give it up. I asked him which suzuki dealer had the bike and it turns out it was Golden Gate Cycles in San Francisco, LOL.

He said he would call the suzuki rep to see what he could do.

I know of two other suzuki dealers that have a white 09 but they are a little farther away. I'm hoping I don't have to drive.

So, since I didn't buy the 09 busa from the dealer in San Fran I kept calling around and found a nice salesman in Redwood City, which is about 25miles south of me who was willing to sell me one at 12600OTD but said he would have to locate one.

I talked to him about 5 minutes ago and he said he found one but the dealer wouldn't give it up. I asked him which suzuki dealer had the bike and it turns out it was Golden Gate Cycles in San Francisco, LOL.

He said he would call the suzuki rep to see what he could do.

I know of two other suzuki dealers that have a white 09 but they are a little farther away. I'm hoping I don't have to drive.

I talked to Auburn OTD they have an 09 white 12,199 OTD and also an o8 orange and black 10,999 OTD. 12,799 for gray or black because they are post price increase from Suzuki.

I talked to Auburn OTD they have an 09 white 12,199 OTD and also an o8 orange and black 10,999 OTD. 12,799 for gray or black because they are post price increase from Suzuki.
Thanks. The salesman called me back a short while ago. He said I need to come in and put a down payment on the bike. I told him I would come there first thing in the morning and give him a check in the entire amount.

Let's see what transpires tomorrow. :whistle:

Auburn is just way too far. I would rather spend $400 more locally than drive all the way out there.

Last edited:
Thanks. The salesman called me back a short while ago. He said I need to come in and put a down payment on the bike. I told him I would come there first thing in the morning and give him a check in the entire amount.

Let's see what transpires tomorrow. :whistle:

Auburn is just way too far. I would rather spend $400 more locally than drive all the way out there.

Only too far if you ride the slab. Send the check I'll deliver it. :thumbsup:

Back