Anyone got a punching bag?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, soooo moving soon and new place has a basement where I can finally put some of my gym equipment to use. I want to get a good punching bag to hang from the I beam, anyone have any advice? I want one of the big ones, not the small ones. Other than that, don't know jack about them :whistle:

Go old school...hang up a hay bale~!~

That way you can FEEL the destruction~!~ :laugh:

I have a big punching bag....I call him "My husband" LOL

No really, we have one out in the garage. It's about 4 ft. long and weighs a TON. Just make sure you hang it form a very sturdy support and be sure to get some punching gloves, they have extra cushions on the knuckles.

I've got this one in the garage...it helps scare people away from my Busa~!~ :laugh:

bozo-the-clown-bop-bag.jpg

I use a side of beef, sorta like Rocky. Not refrigerated, so my basement is
getting kind of ripe.

Phil just sayin' - "It put the lotion on its skin!" :rofl:

,,, could just see that basement! :rofl:

It gets worse, my crawl space in indescribable, but that's OK
nobody could ever get past the quicklime

They look kinda silly but I've had two of the "Wave" punching bags and other than being a little too soft (Get the BOB Bagman as he's made of much better material) they kick butt. Sure they look like a grown up weeble wobble but there's lots of things you can do with the giant weeble wobble that are impossible with a traditional heavy bag. On top of this, all the heavy bags I've had hanging from a basement rafter, made a hell of a lot of racket upstairs and throughout the house really.

Bob from Century

Also DON'T skimp on gloves, but I'm sure you know that, get something with a decent wrist wrap. Protects you from those occasional "whoops".

Last edited:
If you can, try and find a used one that has been broken in.

If you go new. Make sure you get gloves, tape, or some kind of pad because they will rip up your hands and shins.

Get a speed bag also. They help with hand and eye
Posted via Mobile Device

Back