ANYBODY TRY ONE OF THESE?

briXXer

Registered
I saw it back around xmas in circuit city. Its like a Gtec (if u know what that is) but it was a more modern version. they actually had to different ones. I think the only diff was one u could download the info onto your PC the other u couldnt. It measures 1/4 mile, hp, 0-60 stuff like that.. I cant remember what these were called. Was wondering if anyone tried it on a bike. The only problem i see is that it plugs into a cig lighter.. and I'm not on a goldwing that has one so some rewiring would be in order. If you can give any more details about I'm sure others would appreciate and so would I.

a cig lighter is just 12v dc..... guess what voltage you can get from your bike .... thats right 12v dc.

cut the plug off and find a power wire to splice into and use a switch.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086715167 -->

From what I've heard, they don't work really well on bikes since the g-forces it measures (I think it's basically just an accelerometer) are not as accurate in a car, due to bike lean.

I would think a cheap GPS would give you more accurate info, but I don't know exactly what device you're talking about, so I could be dead wrong!

If you get more details, let us know. It just might be a new toy that I can request for Father's Day/Birthday.
biggrin.gif

I saw it back around xmas in circuit city. Its like a Gtec (if u know what that is) but it was a more modern version.  they actually had to different ones. I think the only diff was one u could download the info onto your PC the other u couldnt.  It measures 1/4 mile, hp, 0-60 stuff like that.. I cant remember what these were called.  Was wondering if anyone tried it on a bike.  The only problem i see is that it plugs into a cig lighter.. and I'm not on a goldwing that has one so some rewiring would be in order.  If you can give any more details about I'm sure others would appreciate and so would I.
Do what I did to get power to plug into.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086758289 -->

plug3.JPG

yeah i heard the same thing.. about the leaning and it messes it up.. also heard the bike outperforms the things parameters. so, so much for that idea.... but i do think im gonna do the cig lighter anyway that will come in handy to plug a cd player in then into my chatterbox

Back