Anybody here have a Nighthawk 759?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry to post something so off topic from Busas but
this is one of the few motorcycle forums I know.
Course I aint had a Busa since 05' and totalled
my GSX-R1000 last year .  I am back on a bike
pretty early , a 92 Honda Nighthawk 750.

I aint back to work yet I am on a bike. :-) My doc
would freak if she found out.

Anyhow this Nighthawk was a good deal, its a 92 with 5K miles on it, mint . Has the original tires even.
That is why I am posting , I am hoping to learn what my
options are as far as tires go are. Can I go a bit wider?
What would be a nice tire for this bike , obviously
some Pilot Powers would be a waste.
Heck I aint even sure what size are on the bike stock.

Looking on the net I see:

Front: 110/80-18
Rear: 140/70-17
>>>>>......

Can I get a 180 on there or?

Anyhow , thanks for any advice you might have for me.

BTW , riding aint nothing like it used to be , my brain took a good shaking from my wreck last year.

I know my balace has improved alot cause they have
put me on a balance machine at the hospital a few times.
I have been released from physical therapy.
My balance is still off, but not as bad as it was.
So low speed stuff is hardest for me.  
Thanks

HERE SHE IS

Glad to hear you are back on a bike. Just don't rush it!! Be carefull!
Those Nighthawks are some pretty sweet rides man. Comfortable seating, good brakes, and plenty of useable power. As far as tires go, I used to use Mezteler tires on my older bikes. Hooked decent, lasted a long time, and fairly priced.

Keep us updated!!!
super.gif

Nice Honda 750,bring back alot of fun memories.But be careful if your not balanced,a slight minor fall could be a big set back.
180 seems alittle wide,maybe a 150 would be ok.If tires are original,seems kinda dangerous riding on them.Dry rot?

Great to see you back BV...here's an old scan of some old kodak daze pix of things that were once near and dear to me...the bottom one being my old '86 "S" Model Nighthawk..

Nighthawk.jpg

I loved that bike..fun as heck.
biggrin.gif

as for tires?...I would think that some Metzeler MEZ6's would be a real good match..or?..a set of Pilot "Roads"...both are real good all around naked bike tires...not certain about "size availability" though and i wouldn't be real anxious about "going wider"....until i checked out what size ranges the rims can handle.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(proud dad @ Apr. 06 2007,13:40) Nice Honda 750,bring back alot of fun memories.But be careful if your not balanced,a slight minor fall could be a big set back.
180 seems alittle wide,maybe a 150 would be ok.If tires are original,seems kinda dangerous riding on them.Dry rot?
Definitely time to replace the rubber... Glad you're on the mend, but be careful!!

Back