Anybody ever seen this?

its a breather hose for the crankcase i believe, i have some residue there as well. now im gonna go and simple green the whole bike and make sure its all good, good luck to ya bra

that's Brake fluid the reservoir is right above. Look throug oval hole on tail section it is the viewing hole to see level I bet its almost empty..
Rs

I've seen supreme, or 92 octane, gas do this on several occasions.  Just look around the fuel petcock on some old bike, it doesn't matter what brand or model, and you are  bound to see it on a few.  I'd be pretty peeved if this wasn't covered under warranty.  It's also a safety issue.  Fuel leaking onto an exhaust system?!?

well actually my baby has only tasted high octane once, long ago.  appartently the cheap kind will do it too.

<!--EDIT|mcbradshaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125987029 -->

I checked the spot again and now its starting to do the same thing on my bike. Its on the inside and the paint looks like its blistering off. This really sucks. I am going to bring it to the dealer and see what he has to say.

Just my 2 cents but it looks as though the overflow tube has allowed the fuel to drip on the exhaust and it caught fire. I have never seen fuel effect plastic in this way discolor paint sure but never blister like a paint remover. Also just because you don't see a leak of brake fluid doesn't mean when it was servised they didn't spill it. Brake fluid will remove paint in that fashion.

My 05 Busa is doing the exact same thing. I came across this topic and since Mine is the exact same color I decided to check mine out. Good thing the stealership is closed today. That will give me a day to calm down before I Go The F*** off. I retract my earlier statement above and am going with the fact the paint can't hold up to the fuel and heat or a combo of both. It is in fact the breather hose from the tank causing the problem I have never overfilled the bike and as far as a conclusive reason I don't have one. I will let you all know what they say tomorrow.

OK heres an update. I went to the dealer and they are checking into it. Big surprize huh? They asked me if I was going to leave it there because they couldn't order parts without it there. They like to charge storage fees. Anyway on the way home I hooked up with a buddy on his new ZX12 got to playin and kickin his but and missed the call from the dealer. Damn hard to hear the phone with a helmet on and playin. LOL.. Guess I'll have to find out tomorrow whats happening and let you all know.

Your exhaust pipe exits the fairing there and it looks like a heat induced problem - it gas is leaking out of the overflow, I would be careful with it being routed so close to the exhaust - it could go up in flames

Yes I am well aware of this and that is why I went to the dealer today. I think it is time Suzuki rerouted the overflow tube,or at least extend it out the bottom. Yes it is fuel and yes I believe it has caught fire, not only is it blistering it is blackening like it has ignited.

I finally got the chance to take my bike to the dealer. They were as freaked out as I was and said that it would be covered under warranty so they were ordering the part today.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I showed the dealer your pictures and they were freaked out also. They wont order the parts without me leaving my bike there though. Never heard of that before. Anyway I don't think it will be a problem but I think they are looking for Suzuki to come up with a permanent fix.

so what was the culprit??
rock.gif

my first guess when I saw the pics was brake or clutch fluid but I couldnt really make out the location on this POS monitor.

It is the fuel tank breather hose. The dealership is willing to replace it but I told them I'll wait till they have a good fix. Meaning Yes I want it repaired but not if the problem is going to come back again. I will have it fixed when they have a sound resolution on how to reroute the hose.

Glad ya figured it out. My first thought was gas. I doubt that the dealer will fix it. Ask anyways. Extend the hose and always fill the bike on the sidestand... The tank will "burp" easier that way.

Back