Any woodworkers here? Furniture Builders?

I appreciate it folks. I'll post up some shots when I get it done. I don't wanna post up till then.

Hillsrider, I'll likely be needing some of them in the next year or so, :thumbsup: Going to be building a new house, and big exposed beams are part of the equation.

We work with brokers in Oregon and Washington so I can get you in contact with the people who can get you full sawn doug fir or glu-lam beams. :beerchug:

We work with brokers in Oregon and Washington so I can get you in contact with the people who can get you full sawn doug fir or glu-lam beams. :beerchug:

Sweet, House is going to be Concrete, out in the woods, though might do pre-formed concrete if we are too far out. But Large Glue-lams are something I've been looking at for roof support...

Very Cool, and they have that longevity thing going for them.

Well I've found these and they will do the job, but I was hoping to find something a little more attractive or beefier.

27P20_230.jpg

The house has concrete floors, and with the 4X6s the bed will be heavy but no more so than a traditional 4 poster and certainly less than any waterbed. Difference will be that our bed will NOT creak, wobble, flex, or shimmy...

Pretty much regardless of what is going on...

Besides, in the event of earthquake, we'll have a safe place to hide. :thumbsup:

This idea will work good and to hide it you can build around the base of ea. leg some trim (or baseboard in other words) BUT here is the key...DO NOT NAIL TO POST. Fasten them at the beveled corners ONLY that way it's free to fall to the floor no matter how its leveled underneith.

I appreciate it folks. I'll post up some shots when I get it done. I don't wanna post up till then.

Hillsrider, I'll likely be needing some of them in the next year or so, :thumbsup: Going to be building a new house, and big exposed beams are part of the equation.

Dude! You haven't been in Washington long enough to turn into a hippy yet! LOL!

Dude! You haven't been in Washington long enough to turn into a hippy yet! LOL!

No you are right, I am sorta the "anti-Hippie". I'm the Gun toting artist who is going to build a nice house and a large studio/shop/smithy out in the woods somewhere on 20 acres. :laugh:

House is largely going to be concrete cause it's ecologically sound, doesn't burn, and provides some real insulative/security benefits. :thumbsup:

You may want to check out Rocklerpro.com and look in the glides & levelers section, I just checked my catalog and they have several items just like what you'll need, a load rating of 650lbs, and a minimum panel thickness of 3/4" part#30937 or 31210

Revlis, after you get those beams from Rob,be sure to add some 32 ft vaulted ceilings with knotty pine, it really gives that open feel:laugh:

32ftvaulted.jpg

No you are right, I am sorta the "anti-Hippie". I'm the Gun toting artist who is going to build a nice house and a large studio/shop/smithy out in the woods somewhere on 20 acres. :laugh:

House is largely going to be concrete cause it's ecologically sound, doesn't burn, and provides some real insulative/security benefits. :thumbsup:

Sounds perfect and in a very beautiful place too!

Back