Any woodworkers here? Furniture Builders?

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
I'm building a new platform bed for the wife and I (in between baking bread and doing dishes) :laugh:

I'm using 4X6 beams for the frame and legs, and will be carving them down giving the platform a very clean look yet having some rustic tool marks.

BUT, I'm having a heck of a time finding feet, more to the point adjustable leveling feet. Anyone have a source? Know where I could find such a thing? The usual sources aren't working.

I'll post pics when it's closer to done. All I've done so far is cut the beams to length and mock it all up. Yeah, 4X6 timbers are serious over kill, but it should have a nice look... :whistle:

Maybe this guy can help?
:rofl:

Devoted Wood Turner.jpg

:rofl::rofl: Niiiiice...

Floor Jacks, I was considering some Showa Forks though... I figure they might be handy... :laugh:

Rev You may just have to fabricate something to fit your needs. Just a thought once you get the kegs done get a big enough piece of all thread and weld some type of footing one each piece you cut for the legs then to make the legs Adjustable drill a hole in the bottom of the leg and fit a couple of nuts in the bottom of the leg. If the is not a good enough Idea for you send me a PM my Father in law is a third Gen Wood Crafter and I will give you his number and maybe he can give you some idea's

Rev You may just have to fabricate something to fit your needs. Just a thought once you get the kegs done get a big enough piece of all thread and weld some type of footing one each piece you cut for the legs then to make the legs Adjustable drill a hole in the bottom of the leg and fit a couple of nuts in the bottom of the leg. If the is not a good enough Idea for you send me a PM my Father in law is a third Gen Wood Crafter and I will give you his number and maybe he can give you some idea's

Well I've found these and they will do the job, but I was hoping to find something a little more attractive or beefier.

27P20_230.jpg

The house has concrete floors, and with the 4X6s the bed will be heavy but no more so than a traditional 4 poster and certainly less than any waterbed. Difference will be that our bed will NOT creak, wobble, flex, or shimmy...

Pretty much regardless of what is going on...

Besides, in the event of earthquake, we'll have a safe place to hide. :thumbsup:

Revlius have you tried someplace like Outwater?

That's more like it, thanks. I am approaching woodworking from a hand carving POV. If I need a Gouge I know where to go, when I need fittings and hardware I'm a little ???

I appreciate the link.

I don't think 4x6 is quite enough. I can load these on a truck for you & have them to you in 2-3 days. :thumbsup:

lam 6-6-10 (Large).jpg

lam 9-6-10 (Large).jpg

You need casters like what is used for pool tables. Got any billiards stores close by that you could call?

If you are into Print Catalogs theres is a monster! They even sell Pole dancing setups! I kid you not!

That's more like it, thanks. I am approaching woodworking from a hand carving POV. If I need a Gouge I know where to go, when I need fittings and hardware I'm a little ???

I appreciate the link.

I appreciate it folks. I'll post up some shots when I get it done. I don't wanna post up till then.

Hillsrider, I'll likely be needing some of them in the next year or so, :thumbsup: Going to be building a new house, and big exposed beams are part of the equation.

Back