Any Metallurgists here ?

well for what its worth Suzuki powder coats their frames and swing arms and other pieces so it must not hurt the aluminum right???

I would "think" Suzuki has this figured out, they have the cash for "whatever" powder coating technique they desire. Is "their" technique using different temps and times? I dont know:dunno:

How are you working the part that it seems flimsy? The links are designed to handle a tension (pulling) force applied to the ends. They're not designed to be twisted, compressed or handle a lateral load. If you apply forces to the item for which it wasn't designed to handle then the item may fail.

Not working or twisting them.
Just by holding them in my hand and not knowing their exact function they just seem light and flimsy for something that is holding me up.
Looking at them makes me wonder how much force it would take to pull one apart.
Same thing as Carbon Fibre I realize if pulled it is strong but twisted not really.

Just commenting that it seems to me they would be more of a beefier part due to their location is all.

What brand did you get....?

You should have anodized the aluminum for the full bling-tastic look... :laugh:

FWIW - My wheels have been media blasted and powder coated. No issues whatsoever.

Takes a lot more heat to melt aluminum...

had the wheels on my old SRT done up in black. no issues (besides a bozo tire tech chipping the crap out of the wheels when he changed a tire.

had the wheels on my old SRT done up in black. no issues (besides a bozo tire tech chipping the crap out of the wheels when he changed a tire.

had a dumb clown of a tire tech use an impact wrench and oversized socket on my aluminum wheels once...

every wheel looked like it hand 60 grit sandpaper run in the lug valleys...

i wanted to do damage that day...

Got-Busa did not get any brand just took off the oems and had them PCd.
Not into 'bling' more like fade to black.

Back