Any ls experts?

JeffSyh

Registered
I feel so stupid for posting this but I am confused, I am measuring my pushrod length I have a ls2 with ls3 heads ported and polished with ls9 head gaskets the heads have not been milled.

When I measure pushrod length I get 6.780 but if I push on the lifter it feels like either I am pushing the lifter in or farther into the cam tray. I have brand new cam trays and ls7 lifters 6.780 seems fairly short for a push rod? I would have thought with the head and thicker head gasket I would be longer than factory which are 7.100 I am measuring with a caliper.

20231216_140219.jpg

I am a full time mechanic also lol....

Nice that it worked out. Interesting combination of parts. I ended up using the LS7 stock cam in my LS6 due to the reverse overlap. That spun the turbos up insanely nice.

Nice that it worked out. Interesting combination of parts. I ended up using the LS7 stock cam in my LS6 due to the reverse overlap. That spun the turbos up insanely nice.
I am building it for boost with ls3 heads and ls9 head gaskets it drops my compression down too 10.3 from 10.9 not a huge drop but with better heads, intake, headgaskets, arp head bolts and 2" headers I should hit my mark on boost whp on stock bottom end semi safely (plus all the other stuff lol). I also have a texas speed bald eagle boost cam.

Back