Any K8 transmission problems?

Rapstar

Registered
A buddy of mine just lost 2nd gear on his 05 Busa w/ 8k on bike,he does not ride hard,and runs syn. oil.Big$$$ to fix.dealer told him all busa's are famous for this! said to many miss shifts caused this! And when rebuilding to have the gears back cut. Has anyone had or heard of these issues with the Gen 2 Busa? Thanks for any replies.

No problem with mine.
thumb_up.gif

you may want to try the "search" feature..... should pull a few pages of results..

I run the crap out of my 05 and it has far more than 8k on it with no issues.

Install rearsets and learn to shift properly.

My 01 did that, I resorted to doing a double upshift from first to 3rd. After a while it was second nature, sucked a$$ tho.

Got 1000 miles on my K8 and it shifts like butter. Had one false N between 5 and 6 at about 100 miles but never since. Shifting was never bad but has gotten noticeably better in the last few hundred miles.

I get a false neutral, but its rare. Sometimes it doesnt want to go into first from Neutral, but if I just release the clutch and pull it back and it works.

Same here, not much to report about my fat lady, every once in a while false neutral on any random shift but I think is me the one doing it wrong, I find the transmission to be smooth, and as the other guys say, like butter.

cool.gif

Back