Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any experience with pipercross air filters vs

The Big Red One

Registered
Just looking for any feedback on pipercross air filters vs BMC or K&N in the performance, quality, filtering, ect departments. Thanks for any info  
winkold.gif

smile.gif

cool.gif

I used to use K&N on my Katana, and it wasn't as good as stock. From what I have heard, K&N's restrict air flow more than stock. I have Pipercross Street on my Busa, and I definitely like it better than stock. Got it from GPW here.

I prefer BMC. Never used pipercross. K&N does restrict airflow more than stock though.

We need GPW to chime in here - I think he'll have the scoop...

... although i got KN , Dynojet Shop here recommending PiperCross (official Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Team's air-filter) .

I run a PiperX street. I did an mod test on a local dyno here. Mapped with an OEM. Then replaced with PiperX and adjusted A/F ratio's. I lost 3 hp on the top but gained more midrange numbers with the PiperX. I also lost mpg. I won't post the dyno's so you'll just have to take my word for it. Long story and I don't want to go back there...

beerchug.gif

Top Bottom